Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Navigation System Not Activated!

LeahMDTT

On 1/3/2021 at 5:59 AM, Damilola said:

I have just purchased a Toyata Chr and it says Navigation not available.  Any idea of what I can do. I have called Toyata and they are charging £1350 to install one.  I am so disappointed. 

Any Idea of what other cheaper options I can take?

Dont be too hard on yourself, we all made mistakes along the way, I reckon next time you will check on important items you want before you buy.

You can get a good sat nav )(Garmin/TomTom/other for about £130-£150, maybe cheaper PLUS you will get lifetime (of the satnav hardware/software compatability) updates for free, you wont get that with a Mr T. inbuilt sat nav. Just wont look as good.

Does it have Android Auto or Apple car play?

If so just plug your phone into the USB port and - after following onscreen promps - you'll have a Sat Nav on your Infotainment screen

14 minutes ago, Mikw said:

Does it have Android Auto or Apple car play?

No. A C-HR circa 2017 won't have either Apple Carplay nor Android Auto.

23 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

No. A C-HR circa 2017 won't have either Apple Carplay nor Android Auto.

That's a shame. I can onlu think that a phone holder is the cheapest fix then

A phone holder will work fine as a sat nav, just link it to a usb and it will charge as you drive as well. Google maps will get you to a destination, but Waze gets a lot of good reviews. 12 months ago I was passenger in a car and the driver put our destination in and before we even moved off it had advised him on a route to avoid traffic. It was about 5:20pm and we were just leaving Liverpool. The route it took us was fairly light on traffic but it took us to cross the traffic we would have been in, so we saw what would have been in store for us. Very impressed with its “diversion”. Waze is now on my mobile phone but due to Covid not really been anywhere since then.

• Like 1

Google owns waze and they have incorporated many of the useful tools into google maps too, I personally prefer the maps and work exclusively with this app , occasionally I use Apple maps too when addresses missing on google maps Apple has it all. Waze is good but more like Tomtom navigation devices, not my thing but better than built in navigation. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links