Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Sat Nav Do I Have?

steve-61

Hi, please forgive me if this has already been covered but i cant seem to find a definitive answer regarding the type of sat nav fitted to my new to me Avensis

Its a 2006 T Spirit & has the dash mounted pop up screen with controls by the gear stick & disc drive under the passenger seat.

There is nothing printed on the unit or dvd drive & no info on the display. The disc itself is black with white & yellow writing & says that it's 2005-2006 Ver.1 but has nothing printed on it regarding the type of unit.

The instruction manual tells you how to operate the sat nav but also contains no info regarding the model number. I am looking at buying an updated dvd from eBay but i don't know what to buy. (tns300,310,600,700 etc)

Also, how can you tell if it does traffic avoidance etc? When i bought the car the garage said that it did but i can't find any way to enable it so they may have got this wrong.

Any help much appreciated

Steve

Thanks for that, the pictures were hopeless as there wasn't one exactly like mine but by going through them & inputing the product code off the DVD disc it seems like I have a Gen1 setup, now, does this mean that i just need to look for a Gen1 disc on eBay or a tns whatever Gen1? I have also rang Mr t this afternoon & they have confirmed that my car does not have traffic avoidance even though it is set up for it (whatever that means) & the spec on Toyota's website when I input my reg says that it is stranded equipment on my car. Confused.com!

did you not ask Toyota what sat nav you had?

Honestly, just take the money that you would have spent & buy a new Garmin or TomTom. Satnav hardware has moved on a lot in 9 years & you will get free upgrades for (what the manufacturer considers) the life of it if you buy the right model. Or you can always use Googlemaps or equiv on a smartphone.

Scott has a point, my sat nav in my 2004 is rubbish, it does not even take postcodes, my free life maps TomTom does the job much better.

Thanks for all the info folks, I know what you mean about the sat nav being useless, I had a 2001 Avensis before buying this one & used Copilot on my phone for sat nav as the built in unit was a waste of space, however I thought that by 2006 Toyota might have got it right on the t spirit as they have installed a big flashy pop up screen & a sat nav that you can talk to, they should have invested more into getting the basics right, I can live without pop up screens etc & would gladly sacrifice gadgets in favour of something that actually worked, with traffic avoidance fitted as standard on their top of the range car & reasonable priced or free map updates, as it stands according to the sat nav I live in the middle of a field with no houses. Our house is at least 50 years old & the road that it stands on is even older than that!

Ah well, moan over & looks like I'm back to using copilot

Thanks again

Hi Steve,

I've joined this forum to let you know that you have same day nav as I do. It is reffered to as " Generation 01 "

I updated my DVD to version 2010 - 2011 recently, and I seen to have got rid of a lot of errors, such as non existent roundabouts etc...

Hope that helps

If you want any other info PM me :-)

Jonah thanks for the info, so i just need to look for a Gen1 disc then not a tns? i will update it if i find one for the right money but i'm not too bothered to be honest as Copilot does far more than Toyota's Sat Nav will ever do,

I pm'ed you link to website where I got my 2010-2011 version 1

If you read that forum, you will find that although the disc is listed as for tns model, certain peeps have stated in there that it will work with a gen 01, which I can confirm that it does

If I find one more updated version, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links