Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Hilux Fast Tickover On Start Up

henry plumb

I have a 2014 Toyota hilux 2.5 only done 6000 miles when start from cold ticks over fast for ages

then gos to normal then sometimes it does it when engine is warmed up you can watch rev counter

move have taken to dealer and they say nothing wrong but it doesent seem right to me its like its got a automatic choke has anybody else had this problem ?

Define 'fast'. My Verso usually ticks over at about 1k when it's cold. Once warmed up a little it settles somewhat lower. Tickover is also lumpy and hunts a little when it's doing a DPF regen.

ye that's about the same as my truck had an 08 plate one before and that dident do it

I think the quality of these trucks and cars has gone down hill slightly don't think I will

have it long

ye that's about the same as my truck had an 08 plate one before and that dident do it

I think the quality of these trucks and cars has gone down hill slightly don't think I will

have it long

Its just the normal cold engine fast idle to aid quicker warm up especially when you`ve the heater control on HOT.

What else you gonna get...the Hilux by far still the best on the market

ye I no they the best this is me 4th one the best I think was a 52 plate

these newer ones are more comfortable to drive and have more power

but I don't remember the others having this fast tick over for so long after

starting and it sometimes does it when its warm

Probably to achieve better emissions, a cold engine pollutes more.

• 3 weeks later...

My 06 RAV4 ticks over around 1000rpm when the temp falls below 10 degrees. It will idle high until it warms up, then may go down slightly but can just go up on its own. Has done this for the last 4 years and is 100% normal in the summer.