Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Can't Be Right.

Phil White

I know someone who has bought a brand new 2014 Peugeot 107 and I think the fuel gauge has a fault.

When down to the last bar and the beep is heard, approx. 2 yes TWO miles later it runs out of petrol. The Peugeot dealer say this is normal.

I think not.

The gauge is not accurate, the bars are not equal the top bars last longer than the bottom ones

Aygo's fuel gauge while being digital is non linear.at present uk fuel prices a full tank from empty flash is about 35-37 quid, the first half of the dial is about 20 pounds worth and the last half is about 10 pounds worth, usually I recon about 350 miles around town till it starts flashing

The fuel gauge in the Aygo is similar to a number of models, including the first generation Auris. As an illustration of how the Auris gauge works see - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/157794-auris-133-fuel-bar-fuel-consumption-and-all-that-stuff/

usually I recon about 350 miles around town till I start flashing

I am sure that Surrey Constabulary might have something to say about that! ;) :p

usually I recon about 350 miles around town till I start flashing

I am sure that Surrey Constabulary might have something to say about that! ;) :p

Why do you think he has an Aygo 'Blue'?

I never let my Aygo or previous Yaris with same gauge get down to the last bar, I usually fill up second to last bar. In the Aygo, its usually done 300 miles up to that point. The fuel tank is 35 litres and when I fill up, it takes 26 - 27 litres so it only has 8 litres left of petrol when I fill up.

There's a lesson here. When in a car you're not familiar with, never let the fuel gauge get too low. Fill up at a couple of bars and see how much fuel you can get in it. When you know how large the tank is and how much fuel you can get in at two or three bars, you then know how accurate the gauge is at the bottom end.

I have let my Aygo go down to the last bar on several occasions and there has always been enough fuel left to get to a petrol station. if a gauge flashes and beeps when there is only 2 miles worth of petrol left there must be a fault with the gauge.

Agreed, I let mine drop to the last bar most of the time. I usually fill up within 25 miles or so and have never run out (so far..). Never done less than 400 miles when I refill. Usually I hit around 410~420.