Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Replacement From "semi-Automatic" To Manual On Yaris

terri7

hi

i got a yaris 1.4 diesel 2008 3 "doors" with a "semi-automatic" gearbox, the gearbox is not working well its hard to change between gears and i simply don't like it, so i was looking for manual gearboxes on the internet, and i want to replace it myself and couldn't find a good match with a good price, and i heard that there is other gearboxes from other Toyota models that could fit, which are they, and does anyone have any tips.

and i cant go to the a workshop and have them replace it, because it to expensive.

That would be a very big job and, unless you're a trained mechanic, I think it would be very difficult and laborious to do.

You'd need a new gearbox for starters, plus all the mounts, flywheel, clutch, new pedal assembly for the clutch pedal, hydraulics etc. and possibly even a different ECU?!

IMHO it'd be easier and possibly cheaper to part-ex the car for an equivalent manual one!

im actually aware of that but my question is witch gearbox can fit, can a corolla gearbox fit a yaris??

also dose anyone know if a gearbox that has been on a bensin fuell yaris can fit on diesel yaris?

Oh I see! Hmm, no idea then... suspect the gearbox from any 1.4 D4D (e.g. Corolla)

Saw this vid on youtube

so maybe there are generic gearboxes you could use??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links