Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shocked In The Rear

grandad corilla

UPDATE:

Just come back from local garage and he say's that the top boot slight split and some oil loss from shock, opposite side boot has split slightly but no oil loss at moment. He said he would charge £30 per corner.

Went to the local tyre fitter (honest chap) and took nail out of rear passenger tyre and stuck a European plug into it (no not a 2 pin plug) a sticky strand of rubber I think, he also noticed that the shock absorber had like a rubber flange all over the place still on the shock but it looked out of place compared to the others, same with the top rubber/plastic covers.

The car is sitting ok on all corners and level, do I need to repair or replace the shock and will I have to replace the spring at the same time, are there different levels of comfort for the coil springs (think the car's on it's original springs and poss shocks, also will the opposite side need to be changed too. I think I know the cause my brother has been using the car as a midi skip between home and the waste recycling site for the past 2 years on and off, so I know where to send the invoice....

Any idea what brand of shocks and springs to go for and what to avoid and rough fitting cost per corner.

Sachs, bilstein, KYB

Thanks all in advance (a very grumpy old driver at the moment)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links