Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Mileage Corolla Advice Please

Mr_Luv_Toyota

I'm after a car for the Mrs and came across a 1.4 vvti Corolla.

It's cheap but racked up very high miles like just over 200,000 providing the car has been serviced regularly how much more could I expect before engine or gearbox goes ?

Does anybody else have one or know this engine doing much more ?

Any response most welcomed

what year? over 200,000 that's impressive.

mines only on 65,000 so It has a long way to go yet.

Hi,

Thats a real 'how longs a piece of string' question..

Assume its a 10 year old model, 54 plate or earlier ?

Think its done well, I'd have cars from new up to 150k and 180k but after that think you have to class them as 'runners' where its really just pure chance if it keeps going.

Apart from the obvious checks, what do the gear changes and clutch feel like and any signs of a smokey exhaust , all of which could mean expensive repairs soon.

It was a 54 plate, I never botherd in the end it had no tax and mot

Have a loan of an 02 E12 1.4vvti saloon with 261,000 miles on the clock.

Was laying up for a while (believe it not that its not on the road 24/7) but after a week of driving it freed out and driving like it had 50k

Its all about how it was minded.

• 7 years later...

I have a 2003 e12 Corolla 1.6 VVTI with just under 198 thousand miles on the clock. Its not burning oil and it's driving very good. In 2 minds if I should sell it or keep pushing it to see what's the maximum mileage I can get from this Vechile.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jay-1994 said:

I have a 2003 e12 Corolla 1.6 VVTI with just under 198 thousand miles on the clock. Its not burning oil and it's driving very good. In 2 minds if I should sell it or keep pushing it to see what's the maximum mileage I can get from this Vechile.

Keep it and take care off it might run for a lot more. Toyota also give stickers for high mileage. It’s king of feel rewarding 😂 Take a picture of your dashboard and send to them on the Facebook messenger and they will get back to you, I have two stickers 150 and 200k and I really hope to get the third one at 300 before retire the car . 

• Like 2