Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Engine Change Update

simey27

Hi all

Just a quick update on my shiny new engine, it's been back a few days now and so far so good. The engine is a lot quieter and as for MPG it's a lot better I am getting 39 around town . And I've just done a 50 mile round trip at a steady 50mph and its averaging 51.6 MPG !!!! I've never been anywhere near this figure before . So I am well chuffed

Si

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161437808202?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Nice to hear it! Make sure you service it using a C2 spec oil like Mobil 1 ESP. These engines should have a 0w-30 spec. Or if you can't get that then a 5W-30. I would also use a premium-grade fuel in there. And change my oil/filter every 8k.

What you have to be aware is of these low ash C1/C2 oils is they have a low TBN (Total Base Number) for anti wear of around the 6-7 compaired to the likes of Mobil I 0w-40 of around 12. So leaving an oil longer than 8k In a diesel fueled high acidity fueled car is not wise. Look at the oils made by Motul! These are one of the best on the market! Some being double ester like 300V and gear 300

• 6 months later...

Hi Simon,

I joined the club today basically having a lot understand about issues and advices through this forum. My Auris is also having a new engine in two days like yours due to the same problem and mine had 75000 on the clock. Worked fine untill a sudden white smoke starts. As you guys had discussed, I advised my dealer to check the clutch as well coz, replacing will save me labour charges. Thanks for that advice.

Can you please tell me what are the parts swapped under your bonnet.? Also I think they will change all the lubricants, coolents etc.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links