Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beeping Noise!

Bethaanyyyy

Hey guys :)

Was just looking for a bit of help please :) my 2010 aygo keeps beeping when I drive it, it's like a high pitched fast beep and it goes on for a few seconds. I've had the clutch changed and recently checked all seems ok, I have a full tank of fuel so definitely not that and there's no lights coming up on my dash :(

Thankyou for any help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

A beeper that doesn't give you any hints about why it's sounding off is really unhelpful !

Apologies if this is stating the obvious, but there's one possibility that you might be able to eliminate easily: there's a beeper that warns if you attempt to drive without having the seatbelt fastened. It starts once you exceed a certain speed - not sure exactly what, seems to be around 5-10 mph - and gets increasingly loud and insistent if you ignore it. It doesn't usually stop until you fasten the seatbelt, so if yours stops on it's own then ether that isn't it or there's some kind of fault that's setting it off unnecessarily.

(No, I don't drive without the seatbelt but I don't fasten it when manoeuvring in/out of my garage and there's a patch of grass on the slope which, if wet, can spin the wheels so the car thinks it's going fast)

Hey guys :)

Was just looking for a bit of help please :) my 2010 aygo keeps beeping when I drive it, it's like a high pitched fast beep and it goes on for a few seconds. I've had the clutch changed and recently checked all seems ok, I have a full tank of fuel so definitely not that and there's no lights coming up on my dash :(

Thankyou for any help :)

Hello Bethany, although you've not given us much information on the car, I'm guessing it's a MMT automatic Aygo, mine beeps in reverse just once but the beeps can be more if the gearbox has a problem, if it not an auto disregard my advise but if it is, then take it back to the dealer/garage that fitted the clutch and say it has a fault,this shows up by it beeping.

Thankyou guys sorry got lack of info! No I always have my seatbelt on :/ I might give the garage a call where I used to work and see if they have any idea of why because I just can't understand it, it must be the clutch which would be annoying as it wasn't changed long ago and it went for it's 500 mile check about 2 weeks ago :(

you haven't got anything on the passenger seat like handbag, small bag of shopping? My seatbelt sensor on that side is too sensitive so I have to make sure they're placed in the position where it doesn't pick them up otherwise it beeps. I have an MMT auto and that does beep once when going into reverse (plus extra beeps for my reversing sensors) and sometimes it has a panic attack when I change from R to E for example and it beeps and stays in neutral.

I have my bag rested against the seat but it's still in the footwell, could that be it?

Oh hahaa! I'm going to see if anyone got a diagnostic machine I could borrow

Ok guys I've been unbelievably stupid! I was out driving to show my boyfriend the beep. It started going off so he switched off the stereo.. Turns out it was part of a song!

Think I might need to go back blonde! Hahaa thanks for all your help though :)

but if you do want to turn off the buzzer then read on

turningoffseatbeltbuzzer_zps14d08db9.jpg

Ok guys I've been unbelievably stupid! I was out driving to show my boyfriend the beep. It started going off so he switched off the stereo.. Turns out it was part of a song!

:oops: :lol2: :lol2: