Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Hybrid Revving

welshstyles

Hi forum I have a 63 plate yaris hybrid with 25k on clock and when driving along take my foot off accelerator it still revs? Anyone know what it could be

Thanks

Does it only do it on warm up or does it do it when the engine is hot ?

It doesn't do it all the time more when its hot if been sitting on motorway and been over taking etc

Thanks

When you say revving do you mean actually revving away at 4000 rpm or do you just mean the car is running?

Are the Battery vents at the rear blocked by boxes, coats, children, blankets etc?

Are you keeping the a/c on recirc?

Is the heater just on causing the car to run to provide heat which it didn't do a month ago in warmer weather?

Are you driving in B mode by any change? B should ONLY be used for decending long hills as it causes the engine to rev loudly as it's acting as an engine brake - think of HGV engine brakes. Many dealers wrongly suggest B mode is for extra regen. It isn't.

Does the car 'rev' at the bottom of a long hill when the HV Battery has become totally full?

OP suggestst this revving occurs when the engine is hot and has had a Motorway sprint. So the HV Battery should be full.

But he also hasn't answered the questions or was vague with his response to the mat question.

There is a very good reason for asking that particular question and whilst it may appear that 'nothing is in the way', that wasn't the question. Does the car have car mats? And are they genuine Toyota mats? And are they correctly strapped in? And is there just the one official Toyota mat or has the OP laid two mats down?

All of those would need answering as there is an issue regarding incorrect fitment of mats.

I got the Toyota ones that clip in and I've taken the drivers side one out to eliminate it and still does it. It sounds like if its stuck in brake mode when its in drive. All vents are clear at back etc. Just carries on revving for few seconds after taking foot off accelerater and does it what ever Battery charge is at

Thanks

• Like 1

Your idea might be right. Take it in and see what codes are showing. It might be an air flow issue or accelerator problem too. It's a funny one and definitely needs look at.

The mats are important as they can cause the accelerator to stick - it happened to me twice. Use of the Toyota mat clipped in and used on it's own is fine. It's when I tried to use a rubber mat AND the carpet mat on top. It jams under the accelerator. The same applies to loose mats or thicker than official mats.