Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help, My Wifes Killed The Car.

0murt0

If something is going to cost 200 i will not be doing it.

the car needs to go its a money drain now. i have to top up with oil all the time. i have replaced the engine once before.

its time.

i was hoping that it would be a quick fix like the ( spray.)

one thing i did noticed the coolant is very low but coolant in the over flow pipes.

we do not have a thermostat due to it failing last year

also we have no blowers in the car as the motor has stopped working

but all that is irreverent.

if i am not mistaken i am missing two things if it cranks.... a spark and fuel?

GET RID OF THE CAR ASAP IF ITS BURNING ALOT OF OIL. I HAVE JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM, MY CAR I WAS ABOUT TO SELL WAS A OIL DRINKER, I WAS SELLING FOR THIS REASON AND THE ENGINES JUST DIED LITERALLY 2 DAYS AGO :( I HAVE NOW TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ENGINE. SELL IT TO AVOID PROBLEMS, ITS SO UNPREDICTABLE AS MY CAR WAS RUNNING WELL ON THE 100MILE JOURNEY IT DOES EVERYDAY 3 DAYS AGO WITH OIL FULL. OIL HAS LEAKED INTO THE SPARK PLUGS COMPARTMENT AND ENGINES NOT STARTING. DEAD! :(

If something is going to cost 200 i will not be doing it.

the car needs to go its a money drain now. i have to top up with oil all the time. i have replaced the engine once before.

its time.

i was hoping that it would be a quick fix like the ( spray.)

one thing i did noticed the coolant is very low but coolant in the over flow pipes.

we do not have a thermostat due to it failing last year

also we have no blowers in the car as the motor has stopped working

but all that is irreverent.

if i am not mistaken i am missing two things if it cranks.... a spark and fuel?

GET RID OF THE CAR ASAP IF ITS BURNING ALOT OF OIL. I HAVE JUST EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM, MY CAR I WAS ABOUT TO SELL WAS A OIL DRINKER, I WAS SELLING FOR THIS REASON AND THE ENGINES JUST DIED LITERALLY 2 DAYS AGO :( I HAVE NOW TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ENGINE. SELL IT TO AVOID PROBLEMS, ITS SO UNPREDICTABLE AS MY CAR WAS RUNNING WELL ON THE 100MILE JOURNEY IT DOES EVERYDAY 3 DAYS AGO WITH OIL FULL. OIL HAS LEAKED INTO THE SPARK PLUGS COMPARTMENT AND ENGINES NOT STARTING. DEAD! :(

I think you have not followed the thread, as the OP(Joe) has got the car working and it was a fuse. He now has a problem with the heater motor.

Your issue is totally different and very unfortunate.

I hope you get the result you are after.

• Like 1

lol kinrad thanks for the post earlier i will go out to the car tomorrow and have a look under the steering wheel. i just hope its not the blower motor and just a fuse. as a new motor will cost me 35£

Oh sorry my bad. He does mention that he needs to always keep topping up oil so thats why I replied. If you have that problem and you have a 1.8 vvti petrol, i feel sorry for you especially as you have the 2003 model.

Oh sorry my bad. He does mention that he needs to always keep topping up oil so thats why I replied. If you have that problem and you have a 1.8 vvti petrol, i feel sorry for you especially as you have the 2003 model.

No problems. Why don't you copy and paste the issues in a new thread?

I have been fortunate to have the older 7A-FE engine, which can have it's own issues, but not to the extent of the 1ZZ VVTI.

It is hard to believe that Toyota went forward on the technology around the engine, then backward step on the basic side, the engine itself.

Remember not all 1ZZ engines had this issue or have been reported to be burning oil.

the burning oil is a problem but i have already replaced the engine. not doing it again

i went to the garage that recharged the battery and the alternator charges it fine.

this is not the problem

the main problem is that im having the thermastat fitted in a garrage tomorrow but the heaters dont work in the car. will i need a new heater motor the one behind the glove compartment or not ?

If the heater fan motor works then the problem is with the thermostat. If the motor is not working at all or only at the fastest setting (resistor fault), then look at the fuse and the relay.

The system needs to be purged of air with the heater control set to hot (I never know why as the pipes go to and from the heater matrix only, and no actual control valve). When I recently replaced my broken radiator, I had to bleed the system in stages, by driving the car and let the system syphon from the expansion bottle. This is after the initial squeezing the pipes during the warm up.

So long as it is the thermostat and the system is bled properly, you should have no problems.

i went to the garage that recharged the battery and the alternator charges it fine.

this is not the problem

the main problem is that im having the thermastat fitted in a garrage tomorrow but the heaters dont work in the car. will i need a new heater motor the one behind the glove compartment or not ?

If the heater fan motor works then the problem is with the thermostat.

The system needs to be purged of air with the heater control set to hot (I never know why as the pipes go to and from the heater matrix only, and no actual control valve). When I recently replaced my broken radiator, I had to bleed the system in stages, by driving the car and let the system syphon from the expansion bottle. This is after the initial squeezing the pipes during the warm up.

So long as it is the thermostat and the system is bled properly, you should have no problems.

the blowers dont blow. the reason for this is we had them on full for about 4 months to clear the windows last winter then they suddenly stopped working. the controls come on but nothing blowing.

this is not the problem

If the heater fan motor works then the problem is with the thermostat.

the blowers dont blow. the reason for this is we had them on full for about 4 months to clear the windows last winter then they suddenly stopped working. the controls come on but nothing blowing.

I corrected my response. The check fuse and relay then the motor. The motor is not too difficult the change, but do the easier/cheaper things first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links