Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Typhoon P0172 Sensor Bank 1 Rich

Dogson80

Hi all hoping for some help with my car which I bought over the summer with a k&n typhoon already fitted, it drove fine for a few months and now I'm plagued with the eml light and vsc and trac off. I've had the MAF out and cleaned it I've had the lamda sensors checked out at my local garage who say are ok?

But looking under the bonnet I don't think its installed correctly regarding that Vacuum hose from the manifold and the vaccum switching valve? The instruction from K&N are ok but the pictures are not helpful in black and white so I was hoping some one from here with a typhoon installed could explain how the vacuum hoses should be arranged capped off etc with pictures in colour??

Points 21a and 22a are my concern as I still have this hose connected. and if capped off there seems to be no explanation for what to do with the other end of the hose, when I did cap off at the manifold it induced a different code relating to secondary airflow but like I said I left the hose connected at the other end ????

PDF attached in relation to instructions followed in tracing the fault of this issue.

I hope its not too big an ask as I'm at the end of my tether with this now?

Liam

69-8751_inst.pdf

Cheers Jono,

I'll get some pics of my installation to compare!

Liam

the first pic is under the manifold cover with the vacuum hose connected

Thanks for the pics Jono I'm now more confused than ever haha!

Next question is anyone in the Yorkshire region with a correct setup willing to meet and assist /aid me with this?

Looks like mine has been done by a right cowboy!

is the cable with the blue cylinder on it going onto the T junction Jono as this I don't appear to have??