Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Bought An Auris, Suspect Water Pump Leak.

Stuno1

Hi, just bought a 2007 Auris automatic t spirit for my wife's first car and i suspect the water pump is leaking. We have a warranty from the garage of purchase and they have agreed to fix what ever the issue is if the warranty does not cover the repair. It is definitely water and not coolant or oil.

Can anyone confirm if it is the water pump issue? Was their a recall for this? If there was this is something I will check with toyota on Monday when the car goes for its service. The car has full main dealer service history.

Pic of the lean.

B1F389FA-4415-4889-B41F-5DF3E9773190_zps

C88346FB-57C3-43C7-872C-756D3378D73D_zps

Stu

Hello Stuart - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Would be useful to know whether it is petrol or diesel.

If it is not coolant, are you sure the water isn't excess water from the air conditioning.

Is it at the front on the passenger side leaking .... To see if it is turn the air con on and blower all the way up close the vents and then get underneath the car with the steering on full left lock and u will see a small hose with a trumpet like end u will know if that's the leak .. if so I just had this issue hence such detail ... I thought the rabbit I hit had damaged something ... But it was just the air con vent getting rid of the condensation in the system

Frosty - it's a petrol. Thanks for the welcome.

Smudge - it is coming from the passenger side yes. I'll do this and look. Would a/c really vent this much liquid?

Ye you will be surprised ... I was when I saw it ...

look to where the arch liner stops at the back of the well where the steering comes through and you will see where it's dripping and then u will feel the hose possibly an inch or two above it

Bacon roll required! There is a bent pipe dripping which looks to be the pipe the water is expelled from. Top work!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links