Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking Noise From Dash

SimonCollins

Hi, we have a 2008 corolla verso 1.6 sx. When I switch the ignition on (engine off) there is a strange whirring and sometimes a clicking sound. It would appear that it is coming from the dash (air con is also off) almost behind the gear lever or slightly further over towards the glove box. Has anyone experienced this or possibly know what is causing these noises?

• 3 weeks later...

Had a similar issue with my one. But when I asked our local dealership, they told me it coming from your aircon/climate control unit.

Something to do with temperature adjustment of the air coming into your car's cabin.

But was told that I should not be worried about it as it is common. . it over 2 years now on my verso and no issues.

Other dealership wanted to charge me 1.5 hours labour to take my whole dash and check I said they can leave it as is.

• 4 months later...

Hi Simon,

Like Sia I had a similar problem with the clicking noise behind dash.

Found that if I turned Air-con temp up several degrees and then down below original setting, then slowly turned up to original setting it seems to stop the clicking.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links