Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please

stompe

I read on here some time ago there was an alternative replacement cabin filter, I believe it was charcoal activated. I just cannot remember the part numbers, etc, it is for my Auris Hybrid Excel.

Thank you very much kindly.

Stompe :driving:

See post 2 of the following topic: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/161816-2013-auris-newshape-hybrid-pollen-filter-location/

and also: http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-cabin-filters-the-secret-to-cleaner-air-infographic#.VEvXFStZ2Zc

I have an enhanced filter fitted to my Auris.

Parts King can supply you with a price if you send him a personal message detailing your car and what you want. The enhanced filter costs approx 50% more than the standard filter.

• Like 1

Stupid question time, what's the benefits of this more expensive filter?

The enhanced filter has a layer of activated carbon to further reduce the level of pollutants entering the vehicle. My partner has asthma and the enhanced filter in our Auris seems to help her.

See. http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-cabin-filters-the-secret-to-cleaner-air-infographic#.VEvXFStZ2Zc

• Like 2

See also MANN-FILTER CUK 1919 (enhanced) available for almost the same price as a standard (non-enhanced) Toyota cabin pollen filter.!

I have recently installed a HENGST enhanced filter in our Prius that I got from Amazon for £11.37 (now priced at 12,85, but still cheaper than a non-enhanced Mr T. filter @15.99).

Bosch, mann, Hengst, Fram etc. are top of line, so product quality shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

Toyota charge an arm and a leg for their cabin filters. My dealer wanted £40 to fit one! WTF :ermm:

Paying £13 for the 'enhanced' filter seems much more viable. Cabin filters are often forgotten about and make such a difference if you keep them changed regularly.

Are the filters fairly easy to fit on a DIY basis then?

Cabin filters are dead easy. On the Prius it's behind the glove box which you open, unclip the little arm (making sure it doesn't drop down inside) and pull the glove box out. It'll make sense when you do it. The cabin filter is then sat right in front of you. When replacing make sure you take note of where the muck and dirt is on the old one to note the air flow - needed to put the new one in the right way up.

Then just put back together. Job done.

• Like 1

Many thanks GC, will look at doing this myself shortly then rather than paying the dealer for the honor.

Just as GC has explained, pretty easy!

This should help.

• Like 1

This should help.

Doesn't appear to be too dissimilar to our mk1 Yaris by the looks of it :)

This should help.

And before anyone asks, the LHD in the video is a mirror image to ours. It really couldn't be easier and anyone should at least check their filter as sometimes the dealers seem to 'forget'.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links