Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Repetitive Audio. Problems

Laura19817

I have a 61 yaris tspirit which has always had a constant nagging problem with its audio. It's had 2 new head units in 18 months plus a new usb point and been in a further twice for faults with the satnav.

I'm getting a bit fed up with it now and wondered if it's happened to anyone else?

what is the actual fault?

Sometimes (3 out of 4 times) when I start the car the USb music (which I constantly use) has a blank screen, I have to press eject, take the stick out and restart the engine for the screen to work and music the play. After trial and error this is the only way to get it to work if it's a blank screen.

Also, the warning sounds on the satnav disappear- speed camera and going too fast

The bluetooth phone stopped working at one point, I could make calls and have a conversation but receiving them I had no sound coming Into the car. They could hear me but I couldn't hear them

Yes - I posted the link to the earlier topic so people know some of the history.

Oops sorry. I thought you were offering me help

"Well just to let you know I have traded my car in at a Toyota dealership today because I've just heard from the original it's needs another 2 things fixing. That's 8 problems since January.
I'm thinking long term and once the warranty has run out I'll be paying out the nose for problems.
I've stuck with the yaris t spirit and have fingers crossed this one has no problems."

The above extract from the August 2014 topic says you traded the original T-Spirit in for another one, yet your first post of today's topic implies you still have the original T-Spirit.

Clarification?

This is correct. In August I had reached a point where I could no longer put up with the constant minor problems going wrong and part ex'd the yaris for a car exactly the same. I had another 61 yaris with only 3000 miles on the clock I chose the same car because I do like it and it's features and after the sea man persuading me to go for a new one and getting rid of the "Friday afternoon car" I had - Inwas hopeful.

Last week the problems I was experiencing have now started on the new car. I've had it 8 weeks, ish. Ive not changed any settings and suddenly over night sounds have stopped and I'm pressing eject again to get the USB to work.

Jut wondering if it's a common problem with tspirits

Have you tried a different USB stick? Could be a problem with that and slow read speeds.

Is it the same one usb you're using or have you tried others? How many tracks on the usb?

Yes I have tried a new usb - in the old car anyway. Didn't think I would need a new one in the new car. The sat nav is still affected anyway

There are 200 tracks on the usb there abouts

When you've changed the usb, have you just copied the music from one to the other, or started from scratch and reloaded everything from a computer? Has the usb been scanned for viruses?

I formatted each fish and copied from iTunes

I think there has to be a common denominator with these audio problems, especially as you're getting similar issues with two different cars. Have the usbs been checked for viruses or malware?

No they haven't veen checked to be fair.

Would this affect the Satnav warning sounds though

I will format them again and get someone to check for malware

Could be because the USB sticks are too big memory wise. Just tried in mine and it won't read the 16gb stick properly but it will read the 8gb without issue.

I had a Duracell 8GB and had a few playback issues, I switched to 16GB Sandisk and it has been faultless.

When the sat nav is added to the Touch, the USB lead is removed from the head unit and placed into the nav.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links