Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Funky Iac 1997 Corolla 4A-Fe

SLAiNTRAX

Hello, I've been having this issue since I've bought the car 5 months ago. The issue I'm having is that when the engine is cold the IAC is not functioning which results in stalling whenever use my clutch and really bad lurching when the accelerator is used when up to temp.

I have cleaned the throttle body and pulled apart the IAC assuring that it's squeaky clean (there was a lot of buildup), changed the gaskets and reset the ECU. It worked great for about 3-4 days and the same thing started happening.

Now today I did the same thing, but didn't reset the ECU and the idle was so low that when I pressed the accelerator the engine stalled while in netural. I removed the ECU 15A fuse for 1 minute and it started up like brand new. The throttle response was amazing even when cold.

What could cause the ECU to think that my idle should be that low? Is it a bad vacuum leak somewhere I can't see? I have replaced all the vacuum hoses going from the throttle body to IAC, power steering and all the sensors. Cleaned the spark plugs (they have white residue on), checked the air filter which was brand new and checked the distributor. There are no misfires and no codes being thrown from the ECU (mine is OBD1 :().

Car: Toyota Corolla 1997 AE111 wagon. No A/C, no EGR, MAP sensor.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links