Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux Ln85 92 Lsd 2Wd Rear Brakes Locking Up

johndev

I have a 2wd ln85 d'c ute 92

For many years i have had issues with the rear brakes locking up.

Everything bar the brake lines have been replaced and usually after some adjustment and

work the problem will be ok for a couple of months then i can feel it start to get sensitive to locking up on either of the rear wheels but only one at a time and it will be the same one until it is adjusted out or whatever then it may be the other side.

Drums have also been replaced and even smaller wheel cylinders to reduce braking to rear.

Once the even went to a harder compound on rear brakes and it is ok for a while then you it starts

to do the embarrassing and dangerous lock up.

compensator has been replaced twice.

Someone may have a suggestion as this problem has been with me for many years.

expensive over time!

cheers

John

• 7 years later...

sorry i havnt got the answer but i have the exact same issue with the exact same vehicle 92 2wd ln85 dcab lsd.

light touch on the brake pedal usually after it has sat for a couple of hours and one of the rears lock up but only once, its perfect for the rest of the drive. at the moment its the drivers side but you can adjust it out but it comes back after a couple of weeks daily driving to work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links