Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going From Avensis To A Corolla

ejabrod

Hey guys,

Currently I have a late '03 Avensis 2.0 D4D, and am experiencing some issues with it.

On a daily basis I drive 100 miles to work and 100 miles home, with 4 passengers (5 people in the car in total)

I am considering trading the Avensis for a '05 Corolla 1.4 D4D, but am concerned about the space in the back for 3 adults and also how would the 1.4 engine deal with 5 adults, 5 days a week, doing 1000 miles on the motorway?

Has anyone made the switch?

Any advice/opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Had a 2000 1.8 petrol Avensis for 8 years / 150k miles without trouble and changed to a 2006 1.6 petrol corolla 4 years ago.

It feels under geared and a bit engine noisey at 65mph and over compared to the Avensis, though perhaps a diesel might be better.

As for 5 up with a 1.4 diesel - will let others answer that one.

Seating wise, bound to be smaller in the back, def less legroom, boot, decent enough but about 1/2 the size of the Avensis

Reliability very good, no problems at all up to curent 80K

If I was doing that kind of mileage / passenge number would either get my Avensis repaired or another Avensis rather than a Corolla.

What are your "issues" ?

Thanks for the reply.

I would prefer the Avensis to be honest.

With the Avensis, the engine blew in May, I replaced the engine and the turbo then went. I replaced the turbo and that went (actuator rod snapped). I have now replaced the actuator.

The car now goes into limp mode, randomly (I think it may be an injector issue)..So on the MW @ 80mph the car will go into limp mode and restrict the revs to 2600rpm so I have to pull in, turn off the car, wait a second and restart the car, it's fine for the rest of the journey.

Hi,

Cannot help with those problems, just no diesel experience, but sure the D4D guys will come in soon.

One of my old workmate has always run diesels , many makers over the years , seems the modern turbos generally give up at 60 -70k, lost count of how many he has had replaced, generally within the 3 year warranty thankfully,

Not looked recently, but would have though Mway cruisers like the Avensis / Mondeo etc would have been quiet cheap on the S/H market being as everyone is going for the smaller town cars these days.

Toyota dealers often used to have some good 'fleet' Avensis with 12 months warranty.