Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Losing Power And Poor Performance

Scisorman

Our Toyota Yaris 1.4 d-4d got low on fuel the day before yesterday, with the last bar beginning to flash. £20 of diesel was added and it seemed fine. Yesterday we went to use it and as soon as we started to drive up any hills or incline all the revs dropped right back, with top speed being around 20-30mph uphill. It was like it was in 'limp home' mode, but no lights on. As soon as we were on the flat it picked up a bit but performance was not good, with max speed around 60mph. We stopped and filled the tank up to full and added some Redex diesel Injector cleaner. I did notice that when I undid the fuel cap and as I was filling it there was a lot of air being expelled. Once the tank was full the car was much better, with a top speed of 70mph but plenty of more revs available if needed. Also seemed to go up hill much much better. Today, wife went to use it and the car was down on revs again, especially when going uphill. Any ideas? Could it be sludge or particles because if the almost empty tank? Where to look first, and does it sound pricey?!

Car has been to the garage. DPF was full. It has been cleaned out and was put back in pristine position. However the code reader keeps returning a warning of 'soot blockage'. What are the chances of this still being the DPF that needs replacing, or could it be one of the sensors returning this error?

Car has been to the garage. DPF was full. It has been cleaned out and was put back in pristine position. However the code reader keeps returning a warning of 'soot blockage'. What are the chances of this still being the DPF that needs replacing, or could it be one of the sensors returning this error?

Hi,

Today three warning lights, appeared in my IQ D-4D. I went to the toyota garage and they told me it was the particle filter and they would have to force his firing. I programmed the day to leave the car there ( Wed. ) . But nevertheless today I did 300 km 's and the loss of power that the car had disappeared and warning lights also ...

Hi. Thanks for that. Unfortunately the car stays in limp mode with the warning light in, and no amount of effort will clear it. Just wondering if the issue might lie with a faulty sensor - I understand there are 5 on the DPF or thereabouts.

Since previous post the engine management light is remaining on although the engine seems to run at around 90% better. All sensors have been checked and cleaned etc. they are all working ok.

So what next?!

Hi,

Today three warning lights, appeared in my IQ D-4D. I went to the toyota garage and they told me it was the particle filter and they would have to force his firing. I programmed the day to leave the car there ( Wed. ) . But nevertheless today I did 300 km 's and the loss of power that the car had disappeared and warning lights also ...

Hi,

I have good news , after having had the problem of loss of power and after having connect the car to the OBD port , they called me today saying that within the Toyota warranty, they will replace the engine block , turbo , clutch release bearing and egr valve.

Toyota takes all the expense ! :clap:

Great isn't it?

(So sorry for my english!)