Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa 2.0 D4D 2003 Dreaded Scv Valves.

apesbum

Hi all, I've done a brief search but can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

Had my previa for about 4 months now and has been absolutely brilliant. That is until it suddenly decided to drive really sluggish for about 15 minutes when starting from cold, not all the time but enough to be annoying. Engine light came on but luckily father in law has a code reader. Code suggests the SCV valves are on their way out or not performing properly when cold. Once engine warms up it flies again.

Now being a tight b*gger I don't really want to pay to have this done before chrimbo.

So my question is has anyone had any success with fuel additive cleaner? This doesn't have to completely cure it just improve it over winter so I can get it done next year. Redex is the obvious one but a lot of people have said it's a bit crap nowadays.

Also on a different note, this car is in really good condition apart from a small tear on the driver seat, does anyone know any good car upholstery repairers in the Doncaster area as it would be good to keep the car looking nice :) asked at local toyota but they couldn't recommend anyone.

Any help much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I cheekily posted this in the RAV section too as I know they use the same engines.

Someone suggested a can of BG244.

I was sceptical but thought it was worth a try.

What do you know it has completely cured all the engine problems. No more troublesome starting or intermittent loss of power!

Well worth a try before you fork out on expensive valves

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links