Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T25 Interior Led's

ken s

I've read a few vague-ish posts from members who have changed the dim-lit avensis interior lights to LEDs and I'm surprised that it isn't a more commonly done upgrade???

I want to have a go but am terrified that the change will throw up error codes and fry circuits. Does the car (CAN bus?) monitor the power draw of courtesy lights, or is it as simple as sticking in LEDs and away you go?

I've swapped the interior lights to led on my 2008 without any problem. A vast improvement.

Good to hear. Thanks. I assume you bought half decent bulbs and not just cheapo chinese ones - I've seen some on eBay for £2 for 10 bulbs. Too good to be true??

No can-bus in avensis before 2009 and not sure about the later one. Leds are good to go, just notice the more powerfull the better cooling it has to have, if 2 LED's are at the same power and one has aluminum radiator go with this one in that case it will last longer and be better built.

• Like 1

I've swapped the interior lights to led on my 2008 without any problem. A vast improvement.

do they still auto dim after a few seconds on exit please? something i will definitely get round too now that the sunnier weather is upon us

Yes.

btw you say that the sunnier weather is here yet your location says Surrey? :unsure:

Yes.

btw you say that the sunnier weather is here yet your location says Surrey? :unsure:

Great to hear as yes interior lighting is pretty poor as for the weather, yes sry I'm in New Zealand but no way of selecting that as an option, just bought an 06 avensis sw and loved the look and help in the forum so joined up

I'm probably an oddity as I actually replaced my T25 dome light with orange LEDs to protect night vision (& it also matched the dash etc.) - but I left the map lights white for if I needed a bright light for something.

Something that I unfortunately can not do with my T27 ... :(

You should be able to select non-UK as far as I know.

Nice idea, I'm probably going to go with some of the cheap as chips ones they are easy enough to replace if they fail and hey...can't resist a bargain. Orange is food for thought though. .getting a new key is my immediate priority though.