Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alloy Wheels?

Thrishna

as a new car owner for a T-sport, im looking for a decent size for my car but im not sure which is best 17" or 18" can anyone advise me for which will be best perfect size for my car.

It's a totally personal choice this, but I'd stick with 17's for a few reasons. Firstly the ride quality is much better with a slightly higher profile tyre, but also they're a good bit cheaper to replace when they wear out. 18's might also make the ride height look a tad tall too. Just my opinion though :)

17's are best for handling and accelleration on the gen 7

Check with your insurer first before going for different size wheels to see whether they will accept the modification, charge an extra premium or refuse cover.

right thank you guys i will stick to my 17s and should i lower it by 20mm it should sit nicely right? i do live in a bumpy place with alot of stupid humps on the road so reckon i should do that or just stick the alloys on and leave the lowering part out of the story...

If you have a lot of speed bumps in the area then I'd leave the suspension as is - no point risking the underside really. Even with a mild drop I have to be careful with any uneven surfaces on garage forecourts or car parks.

yea thats a good point even the car is officialy my baby i always slow down with humps even on how it is at the moment lol... but ok cool i might drop it just a little bit so it looks alittle bit sleeker... but thanks though much appreciated...

• 9 months later...

Hi Thrishna,

I had standard 15 inch alloys on my Celica but they'd flaked and pitted into an awful state. I've seen loads like this and I'm told that it's common. Apparently wheels are the one thing that Toyota aren't good at. I got advice from a Suburu Club member and two reputable mechanics. I also spoke to a wheel dealer who has owned a Celica.

I ended up buying two tone gunmetal wheels, 17 inch but with low profile tyres so the overall diameter is the same. (No need to buy a new spare).

By only going up two inches my insurance company said they didn't need to be notified (Direct Line), the wheels look far better than the standard wheels and maybe it's just my imagination but I swear that the car handles better. Slightly more road rumble from the lower profile tyres but not too much and this is out weighed by the better appearance of the car. The wheel dealer even painted my calipers for me.

I'm going to stick with 17 inch.

If you change your rims to after-market, you still notify your broker/Ins. Co. That applies even if you're not increasing the size of the wheels.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links