Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Avensis D4D 1Cd-Ftv 2.0 Whistle/whine Noise Sound

avensisd4d786

Hi guys, when I accelerate I can hear like a whining sound its in all gears, as soon as I let go off accelerate it goes away.

I have another noise if I rev the engine whilst at idle when the revs drop there is like a whistle/siren sound. I will get a video soon.

I have recently had my timing belt and water pump done but this noise was there before.

Check for any air leaks in the rubber hose which goes to the turbo and the one to the intercooler.

That is on my to do list tomorrow or Sunday mate,hopefully going to check all pipes.

but I do not get why the sound goes away when there is no acceleration, I will have to see if the noise is present in all gears.

I just hope the is not the diff bearing on the gearbox.

Wheel bearing, split pipe I can deal with, the gearbox are not easy to get hold off at a good price.

how is yours?

I hope you can hear the noise, I'm not sure if this is the same noise when I'm driving,

its the noise when the revs drop. does it sound like a leak?

the other noise kind of drone, I might swap the back tyres to the front to see if there is any difference.

Alternator bearing? Is the auxiliary belt worn? Run the car with the belt removed (briefly) to see if the noise is linked.

I have two belts on mine, the aircon has been bypassed, one is for power steering other is for alternator(this one is spring loaded) belts are relatively new genuine Toyota ones- max 5,000 miles.

the other day and today I have had a slight chirping noise under the hood, (I have not been able to pin point it yet) both days have been damp once started the noise goes away after about a minute or two. at the moment I do not have engine covers on (maybe they stopped the damp).

Garysent you a PM.

This is the noise I have noticed when starting in the morning....it goes away after 2/3 mins.

Sounds like dry bearing somewhere mate..Alternator? Power steering pump?water pump..i wouldn't worry to much bud if it goes away the colder nights can bring these things on.

it better not be the pump as its brand new, If I know what it is Ill feel more comfortable, Thank you for your help guys, I need her to live at-least for another year or 2.

Its got me worried i hope its not the timing belt pulleys.

Thinking about your noise ?how long have you had the cam belt installed,mine made this noise to start with after i had changed the cam belt now i put this down to the new belt bedding in so to speak but the noise seems to have subsided somewhat,I'll try and get a recording of mine tomorrow to compare .