Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On Avensis

ToyotaAuris

Hi, Im thinking of getting a Toyota Avensis facelift 2006 model+. My budget is around 2.5k and looking of 2.0 D4D with under 80k miles on the clock. What spec models include the SAT Nav because this will be a must? I will be covering over 20k miles per year with mixed urban and motorway driving. Are they reliable cars because ive just had my corolla versos engine pack in due to the piston rings design fault? What will be the average mileage it will max cover with basic maintenance, being reasonable and not 200k miles + which will probably need a new engine.

don't buy any 8 year old car based on it's satnav. Much better to budget for a new Garmin/TomTom as the maps & hardware will be much newer & better. If you don't get a model with lifetime maps then nevertheless new maps will be much cheaper than for any integrated system.

• Like 1

or better still have a phone with maps inbuilt which will always be updated - my Samsung s5 is just like a garmin satnav on google mapping!

I have the above mentioned model similar miles - cost me 4.5k from dealer but happy after 3k of mileage

happy motoring

John

Yeah I have TomTom on my phone and on a seperate device which I find really bad as sometimes it doesent pick up signal or so. Maps is not really a problem ;) but just wanted to know its reliability on doing 20k miles per annum.

It seems you did not read frostyballs link.

the ad engine suffers from headgasket issue's with your budget I doubt it will still be under any extended warranty. I doubt you are going to get a 80k 07/57/08 model under 2.5.

saying this I have seen examples of 200k plus for sale I am not sure if this is with new engine or original.

my advice if you want diesel although its not going to be the most powerful is get a 2005/2006 1cd-ftv cast iron block engine, this is a far more reliable set up. saying this diesel it still has a dual mass flywheel, egr valve, injectors, turbo, scv valves etc which can go wrong and is belt drive so belt needs changing every 60k.

or if you go down the petrol route get a vvti after mid 2005 where the oil problem should not occur.

this ran by a chain- so no 60k services just stick to regular oil changes- no DMF.

according to honest johns website the 1.8 vvti averages at 40mpg which I think is good for a petrol that size.

• Like 1

another thing service kits from Toyota parts are £30 cheaper on a petrol than diesel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links