Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morons At Tyre Shop

smudge-1991

So had to go to tyre shop for a new tyre as had a bad puncture ... And whilst I was watching the moron do the drivers side wheel up he snapped off one of the lugs .... Who has had one snap and how much did it cos to fix

Ye well I'm havin trouble gettin that but I wanna sort it cos I don't particularly fancy driving round missing a nut and spindle

What really annoys me are the idiots who use an air gun to replace a customers wheels, rather than tightening manually & torquing them properly. I've had to help out 2 or 3 people who couldn't replace a punctured wheel because they were on ridiculously tightly.

I have had it at work as well for changing brakes and I'm practically swinging off a power bar cos an air gun can't undo em

if they snapped one by over tightening it, would it be wise to check the others?

Alex

I have they r ok they are not correctly torqued as I don't have a torque wrench at home but no signs of twisting or cracks

They are easy to change, although you will have to remove the brake calliper and brake disk. Just tap the broken one out with a punch, and tighten the new one into the hub using the wheel nut and spacer washers to pull the new stud through. There are replacement studs available on eBay for the job <Here>

Ideal so they are not threaded into place then

No they are not threaded into the hub. Plenty of guides on the internet, here's one