Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Remote Control Cover Missing ...

StephenBK

Hello to all, from a new Avensis owner (of three weeks or so) ...

Its an 05 with the pop-up Navigation on the dash, which is operated by a remote by the parking brake. After much examination of the manual it seems there is a cover missing from the remote, which should go over the number keypad. Problem is the cover seems to operate the only bit I'm really interested in, which is the MPG info (I won't be needing the navigation very much, though have fought my way through to working out roughly how it works. Does it *really* not do postcodes - in this day-and-age!?).

First question; are these conclusions valid, is it the little cover that has the relevant button to access that info?

Next question; is there a 'normal' way to get hold of a replacement?

Supplementary query; is the mpg information considered reasonably accurate - ? basically I just want to use it to peg my speed to what is likely to give the best return. Or does experience suggest another approach? Its a 2.2 estate.

Thanks!

Stephen

your not missing much from the sat nav your better of with a tomtom or similair.

does this video answer your question at 1 min 46.

Thanks, but as I said, its not the navigation I'm interested in. As is shown in the video still, there's a cover to the back of the remote and on mine it is missing and I'm concerned that its those extra buttons that would give access to the MPG information that I am interested in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links