Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 D4D Dpf Or No Dpf ? Help Please

mickyspec

hi folks please help

i am looking at purchasing a 2008 auris d4d 1.4 with 5 speed manual transmission.

first reg oct 2008.

am i correct in saying that these 5 speed cars are non dpf ?

and if so would one of these vehicles not be affected by the oil consumpion / oil making problems.

thanks in advance

regards

mike

It will most likely have a DPF but will not have the oil problems. They are in the 2.0 and 2.2 diesel models, you should be safe!

There have been some problems with the 1.4 D4D in the Yaris - dpf regenerating, increasing oil level, etc. As far as I know, this hasn't affected the Auris.

For an example see: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/150250-2010-yaris-d4d-problem/?hl=%201.4%20%20d4d%20%20regeneration

In the UK the :

1.4 D4D Auris gained a DPF in mid 2010 so a 5 speed version will not have a DPF nor will early 6 speed versions

2.0 D4D never got a DPF as it was discontinued before Toyota introduced the DPF in mid 2010

2.2 D4D All had a more advanced version of a DPF called a DPNR which as well as reducing diesel particulates also reduced to NOx output

I have a may 2010 Auris D4D which i am sure does not have a DPF even with a 6 speed box

In the UK the :

1.4 D4D Auris gained a DPF in mid 2010 so a 5 speed version will not have a DPF nor will early 6 speed versions

2.0 D4D never got a DPF as it was discontinued before Toyota introduced the DPF in mid 2010

2.2 D4D All had a more advanced version of a DPF called a DPNR which as well as reducing diesel particulates also reduced to NOx output

Thanks that's a great help.

What model years were affected with the oil

Consumption that required short block

,vacuum pump, turbo, etc ??

Thanks mike

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links