Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo 2014 - Door Seals

Franklum

I have a two week old Aygo, I took it back to the showroom today as when I open any of the doors the inside door trim and surrounds are covered in water, so when I get in the car or my toddler climbs in you get soaking wet, there is water running dowm the insides and drips off the top of the window.

Does anyone else have this problem as apparently I dot have one and there is nothing wrong? Can anyone with a new Aygo please have a look inside their doors and let me know. Thank you very much.

Hello Joanne - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Topic moved to the Aygo club.

I've got a 2014 mk1 Aygo in March this year and never had any problems with water leaking inside despite been stood in heavy rain sometimes.

My 2006 Aygo has never leaked but if you Google "aygo water leaks" you will find plenty of advice

Presumably as the car is two weeks old, It is the New Aygo that the OP has.

Think you're best way forward is to go back to your Toyota dealer and explain/show what the issue is.

Having a 2014 model myself, I can see how it could be possible based on the design of the seals and their contact to the door.

Mine doesn't appear to be leaking, but rain water loves to drip into the car when you open the doors or windows.

With the deletion of roof gutters on cars, this dripping into the interior can occur. On the last generation Corolla, the seat material which was treated to a flame retardant treatment, could stain from water dripping from the door opening.

We don't know whether the car is leaking or whether any water that has collected on the door seals is dripping into the door opening when the door is opened. The 2002-2007 Corolla had a similar issue where, when the doors were opened, water could drip from the wet seal onto the seat - this wasn't due to a water leak.

• 1 month later...

Mine doesn't appear to be leaking, but rain water loves to drip into the car when you open the doors or windows.

Have this same and very annoying problem too. I think it is a design fault.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links