Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Built In Bluetooth

Smitten

I have recently purchased my First Auris, 1.4 TR D4D, and I can say I am smitten. My Car has what appears to be factory bluetooth built in, I am looking to remove Stereo and replace a a DAB Pioneer unit. My question is this, will removing the factory fitted unit effect the bluetooth, will it stop it from functioning. I rely quite heavily on bluetooth.

I am hopeful that someone can answer my question.

Many Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark I am thinking of changing my head unit and I think you will need to find out if the new head unit has built in blu tooth I think most of then do I have found the toyota blu tooth works ok but what apita to load contact's/phone I am sure some one on here will know an easy way

Ok so here is the plan.

I am not in love with idea of ripping the headliner apart to remove the bluetooth so I will leave that it and attempt to frankenstein to the New head new that has bluetooth fitted as standard and lose the cheap scrappy Mic that was in the box. Pretty impressed with my purchase Pioneer double din, Sat Navigation, DAB and bluetooth also supports usb and iPod. This will automatically sync to my phone and list contacts with voice dialling.

• Like 1

From what I understand there is a lead which will enable you to keep your existing mic I have been looking at a Sony double din unit at Halfords they are going to sort out all leads etc and give me a price on Monday I think its going to be about £400 which isn't to bad as it will enable me to keep the steering wheel controls I am not sure if I am going to upgrade any further speakers/sub etc