Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified Dashboard Lighting Problem

Natty

So I've changed the backlight bulbs from my dashboard with some deep blue LED Jobbies. Worked great and got rid of the horrid green colour. Problem I have is my red needles dont show up great now. The original bulbs were clear.

There must of been a backing dye on the dial sheet. Any ideas how I can; Make the needed more prominent or change it somehow so it shines up blue?
Can you modify the needle?
Anyone help me out?

red+deep blue = dark purple so hardly surprising that they are not too visible ...

I Took the whole dash apart. The needles are painted on the underside in red. You can scrape it off and re paint them. Went with blue, looks amazing lit up and equally good during the day. If anyone needs help doing this holla.

a picture is worth a 1000 words ... ;)

Here are the pictures. Before, after and what it looks like lite up.

Worth saying anything with a green filter. Blue led light will shine through. Works great behind the indicator displays as well.

post-144855-0-31828900-1417042179_thumb.post-144855-0-07630000-1417042285_thumb.post-144855-0-26129700-1417042381_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links