Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye Bye Iq

bobkneale

Chosen to change my IQ for larger car (A Large 4 x 4)

Nothing wrong with the IQ

I just have now chosen and do prefer more comfort / General capability / long journey capability / Space / Quality in general ETC,,,

IQ is great for around town, and also good on fuel

Decided to pay a little more and improve my quality of life behind the wheel !

Will be leaving this forum within the next few weeks after IQ has been sold.

Positive Regards to all those of you who have contributed to this forum and my knowelage of the IQ,

This forum is one of the best I have been on and has been extreemly useful at times.

Many Thanks to all x

• Like 2

The IQ is great at what it does, but I can fully understand why you might feel the want to change if you need the long distance ability. Your input here has been extremely helpful and knowledgeable for the IQ newbie, like me. Thanks and cheerio (when the time comes).

Best wishes for the future

You'll have to let us all know what you get and how much you got for trade in.

I changed it too for a new Citroen Cactus.

It was a very nice little car and I had five and a half year fun with it.

Only the terrible vibrations at 2000rpm made me mad.

The Cactus is a very economic car with more comfort and (safe) place for passengers.

I liked this forum and I will keep looking at it.

By the way I received for an 2009 IQ with 93.000km about 5300 Euro.

I think not bad.

You'll have to let us all know what you get and how much you got for trade in.

Already bought a Hyundai Santa Fe Diesel with 50,000 Miles FSH perfect all round £5,000

IQ goes in for new MOT tommorow, I will advertise it for sale next week for £3,500 44,500 Miles No Offers.

• Like 2

Good luck with your new car Bob, Please pop in to help other IQ users that don't have your knowledge

I changed it too for a new Citroen Cactus.

It was a very nice little car and I had five and a half year fun with it.

Only the terrible vibrations at 2000rpm made me mad.

The Cactus is a very economic car with more comfort and (safe) place for passengers.

I liked this forum and I will keep looking at it.

By the way I received for an 2009 IQ with 93.000km about 5300 Euro.

I think not bad.

Was it you who mentioned this car before? Had a look at one online after hearing about them somewhere and they look really great value and quite funky too. Love the front bench seat on the automatic. The surprising thing is that you can get a base Citroen Cactus with all that amazing interior design, big boot and comfortable seats for the cost of the IQ2. I know Citroen can have their 'issues', but it's a heck of a lot of car for the money.

£12,990 for a base Cactus (Focus size) or £12,000 for an IQ2. It's definitely one to ponder. I know Toyota have the great dealer backup and a good warranty, but that's a heck of a car for the money. Hmmm.

Very good luck with the rest of your life. Bob Positive thoughts

Pleasure to have known you

David

• Like 1

yes Grumpy Cabbie it was me who mentioned the Cactus before.

I still drive in my IQ until the 5th of december. And that will be the change to the Cactus.

I am looking forward but I will mis my little IQ.

And Bobkneale I wish you a good drive with your new car and I think sometimes you will mis your old IQ when you have to park in small parking places..

• Like 1

And Bobkneale I wish you a good drive with your new car and I think sometimes you will mis your old IQ when you have to park in small parking places..

Went early Christmas shopping today and took the IQ for that very reason. And yes, there was one tiny space in a tight corner that nobody else could get near to. The IQ is a cracking city car and parking is no bother. Obviously it would be no use driving over fields to a gymkhana like that big Kia would be. Horses for courses I guess.

• Like 1

I am lucky to have an IQ auto which is fantastic but on those days I want to drive a larger 4x4 I drive a 2005 Landcruiser LC4 - Both very different vehicles but both fantastic. The IQ uses half the fuel of the Landcruiser (no surprise there) and only £20 year road tax compared to £300. But the IQ won't tow our caravan ha. :clap:

• Like 2

It can, if your caravan weighs under 350 kilo....or 550 when breaked. :-)

Gladly it tows my boat and motorcycle..... :-)

DSC_0328_zpsa24e553f.jpg

And:

DSC_0008_zpsf3b0a0a4.jpg

And:

Infront of our house...

imagejpg1_zps015d3437.jpg

This is in WIllingen Germany..... about 7.5 hours drive....

For the "moaners" ....
Because of European Legislation and the German Zulassung it's "allowed" to 350 kg.
AND my insurance company knows about it and has given me a green card for this situation (number and type trailer and all).
AND the car is capable.

The rear stands up higher...because of extra springs inside the normal springs... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

IQ now sold and gone.

Hyundia Santa Fe 4 x 4 purchased

Thanks to all an this forum, a truly great forum with very helpful members !

Much better that Hyundia forum from what I can see,

However I do believe that the Hyndia make of vechile is better than a Toyota

Just my view.

After My EGR change messing about two years ago with my IQ I did state I would never buy another Toyota and this stands !

Bye to all x

• Like 1

Each to their own. Hyundai I am sure make excellent cars however I have owned several Toyota's over the years and never had a problem with any of them.

Present cars are a IQ2 auto which is fantastic City Car returning almost 50mpg and sneaks into those tight car parking spots......my other vehicle is a 2005 Landcruiser the ultimate 4x4 with 100.000 miles on the clock and the only running costs have been service and brake pads (not even needed to replace a light bulb) ...... so please enjoy your 4x4 but when your Hyundai is next due to be changed please, at least, test drive a Landcruiser. and make up your own mind. Sure Toyota would love to see you back.

We have a 2012 Hyundai i20, which was bought new. Certainly it has been as reliable as our Toyotas and I would say it is as well built, not necessarily better built. Comparing it with our last three Toyotas -

2006 Toyota Corolla - owned for three years from new, and only warranty repair was the replacement of the tailgate struts due to water ingress at 2.5 years old

2009 Toyota Auris - owned for three years from new, and only warranty repair was the replacement of the passenger side cup holder when it was two years old

2012 Hyundai i20 - owned for 2.5 years so far from new and only warranty repair has been the replacement of the bodyside mouldings in September due to the adhesive failing on the driver's door moulding

2012 Toyota Auris - owned for 2 years so far from new and no warranty work.

Don't expect all Hyundais to be built in Korea though - Hyundai, like Toyota, have established assembly plants in Europe to serve the European market.

Hyundais built in Europe include the: second generation i10, the first generation i20 5 door and second generation i20 (Turkey); ix20 (Czech Republic); i30 (Czech republic); ix35 (Slovakia). Leaving the Santa Fe, i40 and i800 to come from Korea for the UK market.

Sure you'll be happy with the Santa Fe.

• Like 1

Bwaaa! How did I miss this?! :eek:

The forum won't be the same without you Bob, and I'm still driving around with blue goop in my tyres because of you! :lol:

I hope you will still drop in from time to time :)

• Like 1

Hmmm... Hyundai better build quality? ... hmmm..

I had a H200 far a long time...nice automatic car/truck.... but very fuel uneconomic....build quality was OK... somewhat outdated though.

One thing I remember was that my exhaust-pipe has been relaced (under warrenty) for about 4 times in 1,5 years.

Every now and then it would break / yes break... and not at the flex-part but at the part where the first and the second part meet.

It was funn to drive though.

So.... quality? In my opinion it depends on your point of vieuw.... Toyota makes great cars... the are boring though...and there sale-people can be dreadfull.... until now I must say that I love every Toyota I have owned... Corolla Stationwagon / Avensis Verso / Corolla Verso / Previa / iQ.

And we are thinking about changing out Smart for a second-hand iQ... Cause the safety of the Smart from 2002 is not very good....

Anyways.... Have a nice life and hope to see you again Bob... somewhere / somehow / we'l meet again / don't know when / don't know where..... ladidadidaaaahh....

Well... we just bought our second iQ (damn)... Light Blue.... This comes instead of the Smart..

Way better and safer car than the Smart... Good choice Marion..... :-P

So now we have an iQ (Red) .... and an iQ (Blue) ... and a Verso (Silver) ..... :-D

Red White and Blue.... ha ha / Flag of Holland....duh

Flags which also could be referred to as Red, White and Blue include:

the UK's Union jack

Luxembourg

flag of Friesland

Mordovia

• Like 1

With those colours I thought you were going to re-enact the Italian Job with IQ's but spoilt it with the Verso :P

• Like 2

Ha ha ....

There are about 47 countries that have flags made with red / blue and white....

The French always found us cheap, cause our flag wears out and the colors stay the same... Their flag has the stripes vertically, so the flag wears out quickly....

Here a list ;-)

Australia

Bermuda (British overseas territory) - with other color symbol

British Virgin Islands (British overseas territory) - with other color symbol

Cambodia

Campania, Italy

Chile

Cook Islands (New Zealand associated state)

Costa Rica - with other color symbol

Cuba

Croatia - with other color symbol

Czech Republic

Dominican Republic - with other color symbol

Falkland Islands (British overseas territory) - with other color symbol

Faroe Islands (Danish autonomous country)

Fiji - with other color symbol; two different shades of blue

France

Iceland

Laos

Liberia

Luxembourg

Montserrat (British overseas territory) - with other color symbol

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

North Korea

Norway

Panama

Paraguay - with other color symbol

Puerto Rico (US insular area)

Russia

Sabah, Malaysia - three different shades of blue

Samoa

Schleswig-Holstein, Germany

Serbia - with other color symbol

Sint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands - with other color symbol

Slovakia

Slovenia - with other color symbol

Taiwan

Thailand

Turks and Caicos Islands (British overseas territory) - with other color symbol

United Kingdom

United States

Just a "Final Word of Thanks" to those have wished me farewell !

Great forum this one no question about it !

• Like 1