Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg

impala77

i get 55 MPG city with STOP/START and 58-59 motorway from my 2011 Auris 1.33. Im guseing it has same or simular engine to yaris 1.3. I ignore that stupid shift light as its rubbish. I do this, 10 MPG gear 2, then 30 mph gear 4 and then straight to 5 at about 40 MPH. i shift 6 only on motorways. It may sound like im a slow driver, but im not, i go with the flow. i dont know what other Auris 1.33 owners are getting but i know ive got the best. i dont use any modifications.

Yes that sounds like how I use the gears too, yesterday the computer in the car was reading average 30.5 mpg. Mine hasn't got stop start but I still think 30.5mpg is crap!!

Yeah thats bad, do you do motorway miles or city? Stop/Start doesent make a huge difference, only maybe 1 or 2 MPG extra.

Mostly town stuff. But I'm having ongoing issues with the car so I'm wondering if the poor mpg is related to the other problems.

it might be an idea to take your car into the garage that you bought it from and suggest that there are issues and as the car is still under warranty maybe

they could give you a loan car while they sorted out your problems . Also are there any other forum members in your area who have the same car who could

compare there car against yours

I've taken the car back 3 times, they tell me there's nothing wrong with it, I've driven 2 others, a 63 plate which drove like a dream and a 12 plate which drove like mine, jerky and horrible. They offered to swap it for another but I can't afford the 63 plate and the 12 plate is just the same as mine! I've even contacted toyota customer services who basically rang the dealer and then replied to me that there's nothing wrong and they are all the same!! (I know different) I have asked for a refund of my deposit and they can have the car back, am awaiting their reply.

Oh and don't get me wrong I love the car but just can't get on with the jerky accelerator.

I driven a 13 petrol courtesy car last month and it's jerry as well on first gear. I thought the engine needs running in as it only had 6000 miles on the clock. But it looks like a common problem.

Sounds to me like Toyota need a kick up the RRRRRs I don't know but it sounds like a software issue in this day and age car manufactures fine tune there cars to meet emissions and increase fuel economy and if its a little out it can effect the performance . what has probably happened with your car is they have plugged it into there Diagnostic computer and it told them that there are no fault codes and there for no faults . I am new to this forum is there a technical area where perhaps other members may have had this fault and who may know the answer to your problem

Seems to be but toyota don't seem interested. It is 1st gear that's the worst, especially when you're trundling along in slow traffic, it kangaroos like a learner driver lol

I'm not sure jag I will have a look, I have seen other threads on here with the same problem so not just me

Seems to be but toyota don't seem interested. It is 1st gear that's the worst, especially when you're trundling along in slow traffic, it kangaroos like a learner driver lol

Maybe you could start a new thread with the heading jerky performance in lower gears and poor mpg, who knows some one out there could hold the answer

I've posted one already☺ and on various forums, it seems others have the same problem but nobody knows what to do about it. So it seems I'm stuck with it, until it becomes bad enough to put an engine management light on or show up on their diagnostics machine.

On Wednesday I will be test driving a 2005 1.3 colour collection before buying it for my Son as his first car I am not sure if it's the same engine as yours but I will let you know what I think of it I have a member on my Jag forum who works for Toyota in there engine plant I will ask him if he knows of any issues with your car I will pop over right now and see if he is on line if not I will post him a message and await his reply

• Like 1

The current 1.33 engine replaced the earlier 1.3 engine in the Yaris in February 2009 - they are different engines. The 1.33 is also used in the IQ, Urban Cruiser and Auris.

Cheers jag, somebody must know what I'm on about! If this is the future I'll be buying old cars from now on lol.

I have had a chat with the guy from the Jaguar forum and he hasn't heard of any problems like you describe he said that he with have a chat with his tecky guys and see if he can get to the bottom of your issues . he did say some thing about the engine used to be built in the uk but now they are built in France he did give engine Model no's so as to id which was uk and which was France

Oh right, thanks anyway. Sales manager from toyota has rang me today, they've agreed as the problem is worse when it's cold, they are going to have it overnight so they can drive it when it's cold.

Not yet, toyota were supposed to ring me today to arrange car going in, never rang so I'll ring them in the morning.

Hi impala just a thought it might be an idea to mention that you have been trying to resolve this problem by posting on this forum it might buck there idea's up if they think that other Toyota owners are getting the impression that they are not being very helpful Good luck

Yeah I've also "screen shotted" lots of comments and reviews of people saying their yaris is jerky too, to show it's not just me!

Update for anyone interested. Took car in and they had it overnight, just fetched it, was told there's nothing wrong with it and regarding the poor mpg, their guy reset it and drove a little town route and averaged 54 mpg! ! So it's down to driving style!!! According to my driving licence my name isn't Sebastien Loeb!! Driving style my bottom. So I drove home like miss daisy and got 40, I looked in the computer jobby and the best ever achieved is 40. So why is it not registering this mystical 54 mpg? Maybe because it never happened? So anyway I'm stuck with the car, until I can afford to get shut of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links