Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel For New Aygo?

spospe

My daughter has a 2008 Aygo, which of course comes with a full sized spare wheel. I have had a look at the spec for the face-lifted "X" version and it says that it comes with a can of 'Goo' and not a spare. Does anyone know if a spare is an option and if so would it be a space saver, or a full sized version?

Not sure whether Toyota list a spare wheel as an option, but Citroen list a space saver as an option for the C1 (though not the Airscape version with the fabric roof) and Peugeot offer a space saver on their higher end 108, and its an option on the lower specs. So I presume a space saver can be fitted to the Aygo - if not offered as an option, bought separately. Check with a dealer though.

Costs £70 for the C1 according to the Citroen price list.

Spare wheel is available for NG Aygo as an accessory part, parts required are:

42600-0DM61 - Space saver steel wheel and tyre

09126-0H020 - Luggage box

09110-0H010 - jack

51931-0H020 - Wheel retainer

64778-0H020 - Floor protector qty x 3 required

09151-0H010 - Wheel wrench steel wheel

09151-0H020 - Wheel wrench alloy wheel

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies and the info on how to fit a spare; I feel more inclined to get a new Aygo now !

• 4 weeks later...

I have just done a quick Google and found that eBay are offering complete kits to install a 15 inch space-saver wheel for £172-08.

Just do a search using the key words, "Aygo" and "spare wheel"

Hope that this helps someone.

Its a Toyota dealer's e-bay shop - Burrows Toyota.

There's someone on E Bay selling spare wheels and tyres said to fit a 2014 Aygo complete with jack and wheelbrace for £70. No mention though of them being spacesavers and they are said to be used. Odd to have used stock so soon after launch - makes me wonder if they are really from the previous model. Anyone know firstly if previous generation wheels will fit a 2014 and secondly whether a non-spacesaver will fit in the spare wheel well?

Sadly I cannot post links, otherwise I would include the link to one of the sellers. The wheels that I have been looking at are described as being for 2013 onwards and the illustrations show the wheel (15 inch) plus the tool tray and jack etc. A search using Google and the words, "Aygo" "spare", "wheel" and "15" will bring up lots of hits.

It does seem certain that the 'new' Aygo can take a spare wheel (ie that it has the space to store one) and that they are easily obtainable.

If you're looking to purchase one of the new models, you should be able to include the spare wheel and other parts with the order - so the car will be 'complete' with what you want on delivery.

• Like 1

Frostyballs, I agree that I should be able to include a spare wheel with my order, it's just that at the moment my local dealer (RRG Stockport) is a bit vague about the details and Toyota themselves in the Aygo catalogue make no mention of a spare. Thanks for taking an interest in this problem and one way or another I will get one.

Looking at the wheel sizes new Mk2 Aygo differs from MK1 Aygo in having three wheel size options:

Base models use a 14" wheel 14x4.5j with 165/65/14 tyre

Higher spec use a 15" wheel 15x4.5j with 165/60/15 tyre

All models can use a space saver spare 15" wheel 15x4b with 125/70/15 tyre

All of these are larger than the 14" wheel 14x4.5j with 155/65/14 tyre as used on all MK1 Aygo as a road wheel and spare .

Also there is no provision on MK2 Aygo to allow a larger wheel tyre combo in the wheel well so fitting any thing other than the space saver would result in a lumpy floor.

Frostyballs, I agree that I should be able to include a spare wheel with my order, it's just that at the moment my local dealer (RRG Stockport) is a bit vague about the details and Toyota themselves in the Aygo catalogue make no mention of a spare. Thanks for taking an interest in this problem and one way or another I will get one.

09110-0H010 - Jack

Given the info that Devon Aygo posted - see above - you should be able to provide your dealer with the list of parts required to enable them to order the spare wheel and associated parts when the vehicle order is placed, and have them already fitted to the Aygo when your daughter actually collects the car

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

my wife has just ordered a new aygo x-clusive...and mention of spare wheel and kit at the showroom produced initial silence. After protracted searching we were quoted the same list of spacesaver+ jack accessories at £222 + VAT.

After a bit of research we found the same kit for a Peugeot 108 on 15in rims, quoted as £70 + vat... so better to source from the Peugeot sibling's parts dept !!!

I only realised that it has no spare wheel when I looked at the brochure as it listed a tyre repair kit.

The eternal problem of spare wheels, spacesavers, or goo. Most manufacturers are now opting to fit the spacesaver as a spare, with many removing it altogether in favour of goo.

I'm an MX5 driver and frequent several enthusiasts forums. Many discussions take place around the same subject. Spacesavers are really only a get you to the nearest garage measure so that a repair can be made. Goo has a best before date and will need renewing every couple of years. Goo also makes a repair impossible so you have to buy a new tyre as well. I and many of my friends carry and use a plug kit, which is exactly what the repairman will use on your punctured tyre.

http://www.stopngo.c...tubeless-tires/ These kits are lightweight and take up no room, They are very popular with motorcyclists who of course have no room for a spare anyway.

I have no connection with the linked company, except as a satisfied customer.

When I bought my new Aygo in November last year I ordered a spare wheel kit which of course fitted nicely into the wheel well which all Aygo's have even though a spare wheel is no longer standard, a mistaken move in my opinion.

Just ordered our new Aygo from RRG Stockport. There was no problem with ordering a spare wheel, they regarded it as a normal request and nothing unusual at all. It would have been a different story when the new Aygo first came out, but by now they are well used to customers wanting a (space saver) spare (plus the jack etc.). Total cost was £108-33 including VAT

• 1 year later...
On 22 November 2014 at 7:39 PM, Devon Aygo said:

09110-0H010 - Jack

Thank these codes are a big help my Toyota dealer has just tried to fob me of with different jack and no luggage box jack did not even fit in anywere so had to have it rolling about in boot given him the codes now to re order .

chris north Yorks

Is the wheel brace for the Aygo with alloy wheels 19mm or 17mm?

if they are differnet sizes have you thought of this item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-Car-Van-Telescopic-Extendable-Wheel-Brace-Wrench-17mm-19mm-21mm-23mm-Socket-/262467332898?hash=item3d1c45ab22:g:VysAAOSwepJXUgUy

it comes with 2 double ended sockets 17mm/19mm on 1 and 21mm/23mm on the other socket

I want the correct item so it fits in the luggage box and doesn't rattle about. That would give more leverage though

I think it is a big mistake by Toyota to sell cars without a full sized normal spare wheel. I myself when my car was new just went out and bought a brand new full sized spare wheel and matching tyre to the rest of the car so I have 5 full sized wheels and tyres. I have a Rav 4 if you haven't noticed yet and I measured up first but it sits nicely in the rear section but of course cost a few hundred quid and handy if my wife gets a puncture to save her trying to mess about with the goo kit and compressor......also handy if she kerbs a wheel, luckily she only has once, but I just dropped the scratched wheel off at the main dealers and it come back 100% perfect, colour match as well, smokey silver. I think personally it should be made illegal for car makers to sell new cars without 5 proper wheels but trying to out do each other on MPG they like to keep the cars weight down as far as possible. I know in other countries, Australia for example Toyota sell cars with 5 full sized wheels and the rear floor pan is modified and it has a slightly raised rear floor panel to accommodate the 5th wheel but we can't get them here. Mike.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2014 at 7:39 PM, Devon Aygo said:

09110-0H010 - Jack

Re the above, I'm about it buy a new to me 2014 "x" shape aygo, does this loose any space in boot by doing this ?

any pics ? Sorry for daft question

I had the spare wheel kit for my new Aygo I bought in August - and the kit was fitted by the dealer prior to collection. Think the kit takes the place of a polystyrene moulding housing the tyre repair kit. No loss of boot space.

• Like 1