Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel For New Aygo?

spospe

Many thanks :) had to do the same with my Auris.

On 02/09/2016 at 6:52 PM, Mike169 said:

I think it is a big mistake by Toyota to sell cars without a full sized normal spare wheel. I myself when my car was new just went out and bought a brand new full sized spare wheel and matching tyre to the rest of the car so I have 5 full sized wheels and tyres. I have a Rav 4 if you haven't noticed yet and I measured up first but it sits nicely in the rear section but of course cost a few hundred quid and handy if my wife gets a puncture to save her trying to mess about with the goo kit and compressor......also handy if she kerbs a wheel, luckily she only has once, but I just dropped the scratched wheel off at the main dealers and it come back 100% perfect, colour match as well, smokey silver. I think personally it should be made illegal for car makers to sell new cars without 5 proper wheels but trying to out do each other on MPG they like to keep the cars weight down as far as possible. I know in other countries, Australia for example Toyota sell cars with 5 full sized wheels and the rear floor pan is modified and it has a slightly raised rear floor panel to accommodate the 5th wheel but we can't get them here. Mike.

Yes, this is the annoying thing, and again, a common practice these days for car manufacturers. Other than cutting down the weight/emission, they also cut down the cost quite significantly and a virtually larger boot size. Imagine having another full size alloy+wheel in all the cars that they produce!

On 07/10/2016 at 9:23 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

I had the spare wheel kit for my new Aygo I bought in August - and the kit was fitted by the dealer prior to collection. Think the kit takes the place of a polystyrene moulding housing the tyre repair kit. No loss of boot space.

It does,with no loss of boot space

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 21/11/2014 at 11:08 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not sure whether Toyota list a spare wheel as an option, but Citroen list a space saver as an option for the C1 (though not the Airscape version with the fabric roof) and Peugeot offer a space saver on their higher end 108, and its an option on the lower specs. So I presume a space saver can be fitted to the Aygo - if not offered as an option, bought separately. Check with a dealer though.

Costs £70 for the C1 according to the Citroen price list.

I know this is an old post but only yesterday I popped into the local Peugeot/Citroen Dealer to get a quote to supply all the necessary spare wheel parts and they wouldn't do a quote unless I had a registration number.  The receptionist said it was to prevent ordering the wrong parts.

So, I can only assume that Peugeot/Citroen are aware that their price for the spare wheel stuff is a lot cheaper than Toyota and ask for a registration number to stop Toyota owners purchasing the parts, or I am out of touch with ordering OEM parts and it is now standard practice to ask for the registration number.

Either way, what was maybe going to be the cheaper option is no longer viable, unless I can find someone locally that works for Peugeot/Citroen and get them to order the parts for me.

The quest continues.....

Andy T

• 3 weeks later...

Can't remember where I found this info but I bought one of these and it fits correctly.
You will also need to source a bolt / handwheel to secure it in the boot.

"All models can use a space saver spare 15" wheel 15x4b with 125/70/15 tyre
Yaris 1.3 2007"

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-YARIS-MK2-5DR-SPARE-WHEEL-SPACE-SAVER-T125-70-D15-2006-2011-/222379654631?hash=item33c6dc3de7:g:m8kAAOSw44BYfJ5n

Ian.