Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which Yaris?

AndyUK

Hello all :thumbsup:

im looking to buy a yaris for my lass to learn to drive in, only problem is ive got to drive it too, so im looking for something a with a bit of grunt as im used to driving a modded saxo vtr (which im getting rid of).

which model of yaris do you recommend?? im after something cheap to insure and something with a bit of kick.

i would appreciate it if you could list the model with the horse power and insurance group too.

cheers :hokus-pokus:

T-Sport - 108bhp - Group 7 is your best bet

but if you dont want to spend loads of money then a 1.3SR @ 86bhp isnt bad at all either and in group 5 i think?

T-Sport - 108bhp - Group 7 is your best bet

but if you dont want to spend loads of money then a 1.3SR @ 86bhp isnt bad at all either and in group 5 i think?

What he said :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

T-Sport -Quicker,Handles Better and stops quicker than a standard VTR and better build quality just a bit more pricey, but it sure is worth it :drool::drool::drool:

Cheers

Niz

you'll pick up the 1.0 @ 68bhp insurance group 4 for the least amount of money..

Won't be anything like as quick as the VTR, but once it's rolling it's nippy, you'll only have to fill up the tank every couple of months as well considering it does nearly 50mpg :)

i dont think id be buying a new car again so it would be a couple of years old.

im 23 and my lass is 22.

:lol: 'and better build quality' :lol: i would f*ckin hope so too!!!

think ill have a look round for a 1.3sr and see how much there going for.

what features come as standard in that model??? abs, air con, cd player, immobiliser, alarm????????

thanks

you'll get abs, aircon, immobiliser.. not sure on alarm, and cd player if you can find one to match your spec

try autotrader.co.uk and eBay.co.uk

an aftermarket headunit is infinitely better than the standard cd player however

i think you can only really decide once you have insurance quotes for all of them. Obviously the tsport is the best, but for a learner driver it might be costly? depending on age???

so its probably gonna be a toss up between the 1.3sr & tsport ???

teri has had all 3, her first was a 1.0gls, then she had a 1.3sr and now the tsport.

theres a couple on the auto trader website, 1.3sr vvti, '99 or '01 for £5000 - £5500

whats the standard toyota warranty, is it 4 years or something???

and does anyone know what is likely to go wrong with them after that time??

also has there just been one model of yaris since they came out or has there been a 'face-lift' model??

yes here is the facelift model with teardrop headlamps

theres a couple on the auto trader website, 1.3sr vvti, '99 or '01 for £5000 - £5500

whats the standard toyota warranty, is it 4 years or something???

and does anyone know what is likely to go wrong with them after that time??

also has there just been one model of yaris since they came out or has there been a 'face-lift' model??

Got 3 years or 60k miles,10 year corrosion warrenty (i think)

Theres hardly anything that goes wrong, as long as there maintained well and not abused of course, Typicl Toyota Bullet proof build quality.

Is a face lift not sure when it took place though.

Insurance wise im almost 22 1 year NCB, Fully comp for £800 on a 2002 T-Sport.

Hope this helps

Niz

that insurance sounds pretty damn cheap nizan!

what size engine has the t-sport got like?? must be less than a 1.6? :wacko:

my vtr is costing me over £1k fully comp, im 23 with 1 year ncb, with nowt declared!!

that insurance sounds pretty damn cheap nizan!

what size engine has the t-sport got like?? must be less than a 1.6? :wacko:

my vtr is costing me over £1k fully comp, im 23 with 1 year ncb, with nowt declared!!

Tut tut...

A bit risky not declaring any mods..

The T-sport is a 1.5 VVTi, and the insurance shouldnt be too bad for you, as for your missues... hmmm <_<

(generally, the Saxo's are very high due to a more known image, and much easier to steal)

its nowt spectacular, just lowered 35mm, green cotton induction kit, lexus lights, and an aftermarket head unit with amp and sub.............like every other saxo out there :P

......im a bad wittle boy :D

its nowt spectacular, just lowered 35mm, green cotton induction kit, lexus lights, and an aftermarket head unit with amp and sub.............like every other saxo out there :P

......im a bad wittle boy :D

thats what youll love about a T-sport, a much better car cheeper to run and youll be different :thumbsup:

teri is 25, 5 years ncb (i think), pays £275 fully comp on the pre-facelift tsport, its just dropped as she no longer uses it for work, so less mileage.

And i think thats with most of her mod's declared, the later ones might not be on there yet, like her bonnet etc.

'much better car cheaper to run and you'll be different'

well.... even if it doesn't cost as much to insure a tsport as it does a vtr... you'll still end up paying more for a tsport overall due to the sheer price of them.

MPG will be around 35 I suppose, and you will be different to an extent... although you're still a young lad in a small hatch..

Just go drive all 3 and make your mind up then m8 - only way to go about it.

Cheers for all your advice people!!

not buying for a couple of months yet, but just wanted to do some homework on the subject so i know what im buying, and i can keep my eyes open for particular models now.

....long live owners clubs!! :hokus-pokus:

you'll pick up the 1.0 @ 68bhp insurance group 4 for the least amount of money..

Won't be anything like as quick as the VTR, but once it's rolling it's nippy, you'll only have to fill up the tank every couple of months as well considering it does nearly 50mpg :)

my 1.0 2003 colour collection is only group 2 insurance?

pretty nippy considering too, not much slower than my 106 1.4i quiksilver... well, i like to think anyway :P

long live owners clubs.........................................2rite!

My 1.3 T-Spirit is a "facelift" model...

see below for pic!

TBH any Yaris is a good choice IMO! :D

Ive have the 1.3 and it was insurance group 3!!

I'm 19, 0 NCB (due to being second driver on first car), I pay £1300 a year or £1100 every 10mnths (10mnths = accelerated NCB scheme - 1 years no claims after 10, instead of 12 months),

Oh.. this is on a T-Sport. And apparently, according to elephant, it'll drop quite considerably after my first NCB as well.