Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chinese 2Din Steering Wheel Controls Wiring Problem

saamir192

hi everyone.

i am trying to instal a chinees 2 din dvd to my rav4 2004.

every thing is gone perfect but streeing wheel controls cant be connected.

any help will be much apperciated.

regards.

Aamir

You'll need a steering wheel control interface - a local car audio dealer should be able to supply a suitable one. You can also get them easily online but again, you may need to talk to the supplier to ensure you get the correct interface for your new device.

http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?s=Steering%20Control%20Adaptors&c=Toyota%20Steering%20Stalk%20Control%20Adapters

thanks

gjnorthall ! for your quick response. :)

yesterday evening after posting this above post i try to connect these cable.i mean there are three cables coming from streeing wheel and three from car stereo so i connected with each other,so the problem arise that it reconize these buttons but stereo reconize (seek and volume) as one button and (mode) as seperate button.

so i think the link you have suggested will do the job.

actually i live in a small town of sweden so going to any local car dealer not a option for me.so i think i should buy from that website.

once again a lot of thanks.

regards.

Aamir.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread but I've been trying to resolve steering controls for my chinese unit. I also have an 05 Corolla Verso D4D and finally worked out what is required. In short there are 3 plugs on the rear of existing unit, 2 close together with bigger terminals which are power and Speakers. The 3rd has finer connections and is for steering wheel controls.

My car connector has 4 wires, 1 is alone in a corner (not required, not sure what it's for) and 3 others together on the same row. As you look into the connector plug connection face with the wires on the top row, the left most pin is Ground. The other 2 are 5V and AD, my chinese unit has wires marked:

Ground, 5V and AD but yours may have different markings e.g. Ground, SW1 and SW2.

The important thing is to add one resistor between the cars 5V pin and the Chinese units 5V wire which can be anything above 560Ohms but no more than 1000Ohms.

If you are not sure which wire of car pins is 5V don't worry try one way, if it doesn't work swap them over it won't damage anything. Same if you have SW1, etc try resistor on one then the other, again no damage will occur.

Finally go into head unit set up to allocate button presses to relevant steering wheel function remembering to save the changes.

The only shortfall I couldn't resolve was getting the Mode button to work.

You should also find the Display button will work as it only needs the Ground connected.

Good luck.

thanks Divvy for your solution.

its little complicated some time.

when i purchased the stereo i tried so many thing to work the steering wheels controls to work but at the end it recognized all the buttons on the steering as one unit.and one day i called it fortunately i reset the stereo and when it restart the all buttons on steering wheel was working perfectly.

i connected the three wires of original wiring from car to sw1,sw2 and ground.

and yesterday i tried with your method and its worked as well :) 

difference is only resistor. but both worked as a charm :)

really appreciated your solution.

thanks again.

Regards.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links