Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuses

Blooboy

Hi all,

Dee here, am faced with a problem in my son's 2002 Corolla 2.0 D4D.

The car started a few weeks ago to randomly bring on the ECU light on the dash, and at the same time cut down to the limp home mode. After a few [2] mins it would shut itself down completely. This seems to be a pretty regular prob going by what is on google etc. I have 2 scanners but none of them will connect to the ECU, [checked them on my car an Auris and worked no problem]. Some one said that the ECU circuit has 2 fuses, and one of them usually blows, but I can only find one. If I could read the codes I might get to fixing the prob.

If anyone can relate to this prob they might advise me as to my next move.

This will need to be resolved asap, because guess who's car he uses in the meantime, yes my sr180.

Tia for any input, I certainly appreciate it.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks, Dee

The pre May 2003 Corolla Diesel is not OBD2 compliant like your Auris so your diagnostic scanners most likely cannot communicate with it, to read the ECU you will need and OBD1 compliant reader or more simply short the diagnostic terminals TC CG and count the flashes on the malfunction light ( google Toyota diagnostic short pin )

Hi devon aygo, thank you very much for your reply which explains everything.

The car is actually 2002 but there was a change at that time and when buying parts it was a nuisance, so I always said it was 2003.

Time to go another way. Thank you for the info, I'll let you know how it goes.

best wishes, Dee