Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Audio

eygo

i can't believe that the new aygo doesn't have the provision for playing cd's ,with the only options being usb stick or from your mobile.

i was looking at buying one to replace our 14 plate aygo for kath at christmas but she's adamant that she would rather keep the one

she has with it having a cd player.

if we bought it i know i would be the one having to rip the audio from the cd's to a usb stick and that will take me forever to do,

she's not into downloading music so it can be put straight onto a stick for playing.

do any other new owners miss not having a player in the car ???

This was highlighted approx 17 months ago - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/148675-touch-go-next-generation-no-cd-player/?hl=%2Btouch+%2Band

The CD player being optional may have changed - depending on model.

I rarely use my CD player on my 2006 Aygo as I find it more convenient to download hundreds of tracks onto a USB stick (which I play using an FM Modulator)

Ripping CD music into mp3 format and saving them in your usb stick is so much easy! Why should it be a problem, I don't understand. It is lot easier than changing CDs all the time.

Think it is down to personal taste. As regards cd's, once you've changed the disc, the music you want is there. With a memory stick, depending on the size and how many albums you have on the stick, it can take time to find what you want.

I've no preference. We use memory sticks all the time now - can't remember the last time we used a cd in either of our cars.

as frostyballs has said

"once you've changed the disc, the music you want is there. With a memory
stick, depending on the size and how many albums you have on the stick,
it can take time to find what you want."

and that is what she likes no messing around searching just pop it in and listen.

i feel having to search would be a distraction for her whilst driving

i know she should pull over, but in the real world ,does anyone pull over when changing

the radio stations its only the same your taking your eyes off the road.

CD players are fast becoming obsolete (particularly in cars) though the little Toyota iQ is still available with one fitted (I drive one).

Allowing a USB to play continuously sounds much safer to me than swapping CDs at the wheel. If CDs aren't being swapped during the journey then there's no practical difference between inserting one CD and pressing play, or plugging in a USB and pressing play before setting off.

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

CD players are fast becoming obsolete (particularly in cars) though the little Toyota iQ is still available with one fitted (I drive one).

Allowing a USB to play continuously sounds much safer to me than swapping CDs at the wheel. If CDs aren't being swapped during the journey then there's no practical difference between inserting one CD and pressing play, or plugging in a USB and pressing play before setting off.

Yes cd players are becoming obsolete in cars - but is this driven by the manufacturers or the customer (I suspect the manufacturers)?

Even though we use mostly usb sticks now - personally we would prefer to have a choice. For example, we have just had a new cd delivered from Amazon before going out - my partner brought the cd straight out to the car and played it during our journey. Yes we have the cd on Autorip, but haven't had the time to copy that onto the usb stick.

As I highlighted earlier, if one wants to listen to a particular artist or album, a cd allows you to get to your choice straight away, rather than having to search through a memory stick. Allowing a usb stick to play continuously, doesn't do this - depending on how many artists, albums, etc you have on the stick.

Ideally whether you're swapping a cd over or searching through a usb stick, this should be done whilst stationary, rather than driving.

CD players are still handy to have in cars, no doubt about it, but technology moves on. CD sales are on a rapid decline and it seems logical to me that car makers would stop installing players.

(Personally, I'll miss the CD, but that's another story!)

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Having completed a questionnaire for Toyota last year on the, then forthcoming Touch 2 system, the main reason they gave for the future deletion of the cd player, was having the larger touch screen didn't allow room for the cd player - rather than obsolescence.

Having just bought a new Aygo myself, I have to say I don't miss the CD [player at all. I can't remember the last time I bought or listened to a CD, everything now I download or stream. The worst thing for me about the media centre is the lack of compatibility of the Mirror mode with most mobile phones available today.

The decision to have no CD player was driven by the target audience the Aygo is aimed at. We too have customers who want a CD player, but we rip their music for them and put it on a stick. Once most people have all their music on one stick, do wonder why they ever had a CD, it is so much easier on a stick, we have had very few complaints. The whole car is so much better, I would not let the fact it has no CD player put me off it

• Like 1

I have an almost 4 week old aygo x -cite I'm prob just gettin old but I really miss havin a CD player Toyota told me they don't include one so the touchscreen can be bigger I miss buyin a cd in a shop then 5 minutes later listening to it now I cud still buy a cd but drive home then import into laptop then sync onto my iPod so lots more time involved also u will always have to have a workin PC and the device to download music onto if either breaks is £100's to replace a cd cost what £10 to replace IMO cd's much cheaper easier quicker option iPod for eg only has certain amount of storage ... Yep I must be gettin old !!!!wasnt ever botherd about end of vinyl and cassettes ! The touchscreen is great but is big cudve had room enough easily for a CD player

Alternatives to the Aygo multimedia centre included:

TVcadillac4.jpg

magadlarge.jpg