Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1Azfse Difficult To Start

Corn

Hiya, looking for a bit of advice from people who know these engines, this summer we had driven somewhere (bout 10 mins) left the car for about an hour, came back and it was cranking but not firing. AA came out got it started on clear flood (accelerator to the floor) told us it had flooded we thought nothing of it till the next day, we drove out, went into a shop came out and same again tried clear flood and nothing so out come the aa again they checked spark, tried clear flood, checked all the fuses got it to fire on easy start and came to the conclusion that it's prob a fuel issue. Little while later we replaced the in tank pump (new old stock Toyota) and fuel filter (it had been noisy for ages anyway) and no difference.

We've tried:

New plugs

Trying to start with air filter off

New in tank pump and bulkhead fuel filter

And probably some more that I've forgotten, we can get it to start with some wd/brake clean/throttle cleaner, it will start and die immediately usually start on second or third go

I've done a compression test (although it still need to do one when it's up to temp, that's what the specs are for) and cylinder 1 is 1 bar lower than the rest (again haven't done one properly yet)

I'm now suspecting either injector problems

High pressure fuel pump

Needs an engine rebuild

Anybody have any advice on what to do next? Don't spose anyone knows of any TSB's or recalls that might be a pointer?

Sorry for the essay btw

Cheers Tom

Also, had codes for all four O2 sensor heater circuits but before all this happened, could this be affecting it?