Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wireless Key Not Working

marshallshingirai

Hallo i am in big trouble, my kids were playing with my care keys and they were drenched in water, now my wireless key is not working. I cannot disarm the alarm now my car has been parked for a week. is there a way i can fix this without a visit to the dealer. The alarm works perfectly and i would like to keep it. But if the worst comes, maybe bypass the alarm so i can enjoy my diesel engine again for now. By the way its a 2004 T4 2.0 D4D,

Desperate

Marshall

post-144948-0-15985300-1416879547_thumb.

Hello Marshall - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

I would try taking the batteries out and checking the inside of the keys are dry. If not dry try gentle use of a hair dryer on low heat. Replace the batteries with new ones. See what effect that has.

Well i have tried that already,also tried cleaning in-case there was a build up of anything in there, the keys jus aint responding anymore. It seems some electronic component has failed. Can the alarm be disabled.

Normally just inserting the key into the barrel & turning it on will silence the alarm.

just to confirm I meant the ignition barrel & not the door.

Does the car start with that key? If not it's possible that the transponder in it has gone/lost programming. Does the car start with any key?

Sorry for the late reply it cranks up but cuts not sure if its the Battery or immobilizer. Will change the Battery and try again tomorrow morning. Was just focusing on disarming the alarm. I did try the Ignition though.

Thanks