Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Light And Indicator Stalks

rushy45

Hi, I have a 2009 Auris 1.33, have had it over a year now but only just noticed that my light and wiper stalks don't light up at night with my lights on, don't know if they should or not, would have thought they should as you just have to do it by feel. Can anyone advise please, Thanks.

Mine don't light up and I have a 2.0 from the same yr ... And had it from 4,000 miles

Just been out to the garage to check mine.

With the headlights on, neither stalk is lit. The controls that do light are the electric window switches, the door lock/unlock rocker switch (lit on the lock side only), the ECO switch, the main mirror control, the headlight levelling control, and the steering wheel controls.

• Like 1

Hi, Many thanks for that, I seem to have a few out in comparison to you Frosty, the ones out are.. electric door switches, lock/unlock rocker and the mirror control.

• Like 1

Two things - mine's a post facelift, and, thinking about it, the switches which are additionally lit on my 2012 1.33, weren't on my 2009 1.33

Rushy mines a pre facelift and I'm the same for unlit switches but my window switches are lit but they are both auto ones

Looking at previous topics on a similar subject, the switch lighting can appear quite dim - I checked mine tonight in a dark unlit garage, which may have made the lighting appear brighter than it is. Also how bright have you got the instrument lighting? Just wondered whether this may affect the brightness of lit switches as well.

It does have an effect on the switches having the brightness at different levels ... It does in mine anyway

Have tried turning up the brightness, all that I said are totally off, the only thing lit up on any door is the word AUTO on the electric window switch on drivers door,

Just wondering if there is a fuse just for the lights in the door switches, they all work the windows but just don't light up when lights are on, tried looking in owners hand book but does not make a lot of sense. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

My 2009 Auris 1.6 is exactly the same, only the 'AUTO' button lights up. After looking into this it does seem to be normal on pre-facelift cars rather than a fault. If you search back through previous posts there's people mentioning this particular 'feature' back in 2008 on brand new cars.

If you look closely at the other buttons in bright daylight it does appear that they are just solid plastic black buttons with no markings or clear sections on them, so nowhere for a light to be anyway.

Nick

Thanks yossar, can stop looking for fuses and the like now, I almost bought a 2012 Auris colour collection in august but could not agree on a price, regret not doing the deal now as it had all the toys on it .. satnav, bluetooth, might get one in the spring.

I do find the equipment spec of the early Auris a bit odd in some respects. Eg mine has illuminated vanity mirrors on both the drivers and passenger side but yet no illumination of the window and central locking switches. Personally I would find it more useful to be able to see to open the doors and windows than to see my own reflection!

Totally agree, also think the stalks should be lit, especially the wipers, have not got a clue what's going to happen when I twist knobs in the dark,

Twisting knobs in the dark is generally best avoided!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links