Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Water Pump Leaking!

elCommando

Hi guys,

I just went into Toyota today and had a check up done on my car. The results showed that my water pump was leaking.

My question is, will replacing the water pump solve the leakage problem?

I'm due a cambelt change anyway and would have got a new water pump installed, but I just want to know if it will solve the leakage problem ?

Regards

yes if its leaking from actual pump, if its pipe then pipe will need replacing. Try to get belt and waterpump changed by independent garage. Will save you hundreds, Toyota charged me £700 for cam belt back in the day, not too bad but if it was done from independent i would of paid about £300 max.

yes if its leaking from actual pump, if its pipe then pipe will need replacing. Try to get belt and waterpump changed by independent garage. Will save you hundreds, Toyota charged me £700 for cam belt back in the day, not too bad but if it was done from independent i would of paid about £300 max.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Ok, I will take it to an independant garage tomorrow and find out where the leak is, if its just the pipe then I'll have it replaced. Cambelt doesn't need changing till another 4000miles really.

My cousin bought the Corolla for me, telling me its one of most reliable cars out there... but I swear I have just been paying cost after cost ! First the glow plugs, then the break pads, then the hub and bearing for passenger side, now it needs a new tyre, a new clutch and has a water pump leak.... you can understand how I'm feeling especially as a new driver with virtually zero car experience :(

Oh, sorry to hear that, My 2001 Corolla 2.0 diesel was invisible. It stood still for 7 years and one day I felt like starting it, recharged Battery and away it went. It dident even require a oil change, brakes nothing!!! It even ran on the 7 year old stale fuel like a dream. I put it up for sale and next day someone came and picked it up and took it to Africa!!!! such a amazing car, only sold cose it looked kinda ugly :D. I guess you got one of the bad ones :P. Also, if the whole water pump needs changing then you might isewell have belt changed. This is as removing belt is big job and when doing water pump the whole engine is already apart so you will most liekly only be charged for belt parts which is about £15.00.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links