Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

FesterT180

Ayup guys. I have an Auris T180 with 2.2 Diesel engine. I was wondering what MPG you were getting as I get 35-40mpg depending on the drive.

I think that's about right from what I remember; The T180s are notorious for being relatively thirsty diesels!

The most economical are the 1.4 D4Ds but I suspect they're nowhere near as nice to drive!

Don't get me wrong my car drives like a magic carpet and I loves it I just thought I could get better MPG. Thanks for the reply.

Mine's is averaging 41 MPG at the moment, but usually 43'ish in the Summer.

Most of my miles are stop start commute, however I do take it out for a good blast once a week to make sure the DPF gets a chance to regenerate fully

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

It's always struck me as slightly odd that the Auris 180 seemed to return certainly no better (& usually worse) reported mpg than the bigger, heavier Avensis 180s (themselves noticeably worse than the 150bhp 2.2 Avensis). :unsure:

Must be the way that you drive them :P

If you mean that I don't drive like an 80 year old granny on the way to church, then you'd be right ! But equally I don't drive like my pants are on fire either. Most of my mileage is done on the commute to & from work - so a road I know well & travelled at the same kind of speed each day. I rarely go out for a drive just for the hell of it these days, so it definitely doesn't get thrashed. I use the torque to overtake all the seriously slow dawdlers & the 2.2 makes that easy & quick - something that is rather important when you don't have any motorways or dual carriageways to rely on. There are far too many people on the roads these days who think it's a crime to overtake them when they're doing 40 mph in a 60 zone. When conditions are good, there's nothing oncoming & no obvious hazards I really can't be bothered with these selfish drivers. Why should I sit behind them & extend my journey time for no good reason ? My rant for today, lol ! :)

Just joined the site today, hello all.

Just bought a t180 2007 with 42000 miles on the clock, all the trimmings (satnav, bluetooth etc) full history.

Drove from Devon to Scotland last night (518 miles to be exact) and averaged 38.9mpg. my avareage spped on the tacho was 70mph but I pretty much stuck to about 80-85 on the motorway, with exception of the 40 and 50 mph zones. Also included about 30 miles of town driving, which was 35-45mph.

I think I expected better economy than what I got, which has left me rather miffed.

The car has done a lot of town driving so I do expect that the drive did it some good but I would, at the very least, expect 40mpg. My other car is a ton heavier with a lesser powered engine and averages 42mpg on the same journey (2006 bmw x3).

Is this OK? Anything I should look at or possibly change. I did use some millers diesel treatment prior to filling the tank because the small journeys this car has done for most of its life concerned me, but the car is as sweet as a nut (although my experience is about 600 miles).

Also I noticed that on my initial fuel top up the range given was 330 miles. I stopped at the services at Lancaster 307 miles into my journey and had 95 miles range left. How accurate are the MPG figures on the onboard computer. I understand that the range doesnt fall mile to mile but it did make me think.

Uncle Buck you say it's annoying to have other drivers doing 40mph in a 60 zone and I'd quite agree. Problem I have is drivers who tailgate me when I'm already driving at the maximum. In a 60mph zone I'll usually drive no more than 63 or 64 mph to allow for speedo error and I have no problem with anyone wanting to pass me, it's the ones who try to push me beyond.

The 2.2 engine's MPG record has been discussed at massive length on this forum Richard, but seeing as you're new we'll let you off ! :)

Basically the trip computer isn't too far out on most owner's cars for average MPG, but the mileage or range remaining can be out a long way. Even after doing 440 mls & filling up, mine will usually tell me I only have 385 mls range on a full tank. This is underestimating by over 10%. I tend to ignore the estimated range to be honest & just judge on what it's done before & how many bars are left on the display. Mine will go down to 2 bars & then start flashing 'low fuel' thereafter. You'd have thought it would go to 1 bar & then flash, but this is how Toyota chose to do it. It's probably an attempt to make sure nobody runs out !