Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pagid Brake Discs

weeleyboy

The front discs on my 2009 Avensis TR were reported as being on minimum thickness by the dealer when it was serviced and they quoted a price of £240 to replace them. Eurocar Parts quote Pagid replacement discs at a discounted price of £37.80 per pair. This represents a large saving against the Toyota parts and is tempting. Has anyone any experience of this brand to pass on or is it not worth the risk of non original parts? They also produce pads under the same name and I would also be interested to hear of any experience with these.

Thanks

Derek

Checking my service records I can see that my front brake discs on my 54 D4D were replaced at 60,000 by a Toyota dealer (never again) and myself at 110,000 using discs from Jap Parts at c£37/ pair. My present mileage is 212,000 and they are still well within tolerance. I would have no problem in buying Pagid brake parts.

The front discs on my 2009 Avensis TR were reported as being on minimum thickness by the dealer when it was serviced and they quoted a price of £240 to replace them. Eurocar Parts quote Pagid replacement discs at a discounted price of £37.80 per pair. This represents a large saving against the Toyota parts and is tempting. Has anyone any experience of this brand to pass on or is it not worth the risk of non original parts? They also produce pads under the same name and I would also be interested to hear of any experience with these.

Thanks

Derek

for £240 presumably they were replacing both discs & pads (unfortunately the Fixed Price Repair section of Toyota.co.uk is MIA atm - I suspect a price increase incoming)? It's advisable to replace the pads as well when fitting new discs.

I have a set off genuine Toyota brake pads/ discs and the pads have Pagid stamped on them too. I will get a pick for you if I come across them over the weekend.

pagid supply other manufactures with disc and pads too.

Thanks guys, it appears I need have no reservations about using Pagid parts.

Derek

My experience of Pagid brakes, having fitted pads and discs to front and rear, is that they are absolutely fine and seem to be wearing well and no squealing whatsoever (after circa 10,000 miles). I believe Pagid supply some major manufacturers.

Ditto. I fitted Pagid discs and pads up front. Worried about it for a while but that was ages ago and, guess what? The car still stops well. They are wearing well respond well when applied with 'enthusiasm'.