Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P1349 Help Please

LazyBear

I took the car to toyota and i was told it had a non genuine filter so i had the oil and filter changed. I was also told the filter on the OCV is clean( i didnt see it myself) and the the tests they ran couldnt find a fault. Since then the code has been coming back a little more often but there is no sign of the car performing differently. It drives great, the mpg is good ( 32-36 for city and 40+ for motorway). If i couldnt see the light on, i cant tell there is a problem... So i took the car back and was told that most likely the vvti controller needs replacing ( but he didnt sound very confident thats the issue and told me its not urgent and wouldnt cause further damage). Im very hesitant to change it since its 450£ and the timing chain needs removing and most likely changed as well. Can someone tell me how to proceed? How do i tell if the controller is bad or is there something else that could cause the problem. The code only comes on when im in a high gear and low rpm (2-2,5k) and going uphil (load % on the reader is always 50%+) but even at the time the code pops up the car keeps going well...

Hi...You have mentioned this situation "elsewhere"... can't add to the information/advice you have already been given I'm afraid.

An OCV clean seems to be the way to go.?