Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Back Driving The Aygo

fazeruk

Does anyone else suffer with a Bad Back driving the Aygo,

I drove a Volvo V40 for the passed 9 years and was find, started to drive this car and my back is killing me and the only change his the car. and not had back pain like this for years.

volvo has one of the best seats. Can not compare it to a tiny Aygo. Sorry about your back though.

is it the older mk1 model? I've got a 2014 mk1 move with style and I had to get a sloped cushion as the seat has no support for my back. Now the mk2 Aygo is much better, my back felt like it was in paradise when I borrowed one from the garage whilst it was in for the winter tyres.

Yes I found the stock seats terrible for my back. Probably not helped by the lack of lateral support on either the thighs or torso which meant I was constantly using my body to try and help keep myself in place around corners. My left knee was a regular visitor to the temp control dial as well!

I solved everything by fitting Sparco R333 seats. Not a cheap option but given the amount of time I am in the car and the projected length of ownership I felt it was a worthwhile option.

DSC_0063_zpskblkoxem.jpg

They look boss them seats, would love a set of them if I can find a bargain

the stock aygo seats are pants :( I ripped mine out and fitted some cobra daytonas in problem solved!

I have just bought a new Aygo x-clusiv and find the seats to be OK, if nothing to write home about. Luckily I have never suffered back problems - yet.

I prefer my car seats to have lumbar support, but I'm getting on okay with my Gen2 Aygo's seats.

The slight lateral support on the leg part of the Aygo seat and back rest is a welcome addition compared to the seats on my old iQ. I don't feel like I'm sliding around on the seat in comparison.

I had some minor back pains that I blamed on the seats in my last Aygo. I have the new one now and they're an improvement. It felt to me like all of my weight was being focused onto my tailbone, plus I couldn't really lean back properly. The headrest was too far from my head. Very uncomfortable.

I like Panemo's idea of upgrading the seats.

I have just bought a new Aygo x-clusiv and find the seats to be OK, if nothing to write home about. Luckily I have never suffered back problems - yet.

this is the first model we're talking about, the brand new Aygos are much better. I've only got to put up with mine for three years so its not worth ripping the seats out. The sloped cushion seems to be doing some good.

I've done some long journeys in my Aygo and never had any discomfort.

I'm 66 so don't have youth on my side - we're all different, so I guess I'm just lucky my body shape fits the seats!

that sounds right, different body shapes suit different seats. Its like women with seat belts, they're the bain of most ladies' lives if you can't adjust the height which I can't unfortunately. Touch wood I've not had any episodes of muscle strain in the back since putting in the cushion so its made a difference.

my partner has been complaining about back aches after being she has been in the car for a relatively short time, today is a sad day for the aygo as i have bought her another car for christmas and we pick it up on monday

i bought a 2013 nissan micra for kath, kath had one before the aygo as a first car to learn in,the first aygo kath had was a 2009 black version ,we had it over a year but when the mmt clutch started to slip in march this year we bought a 2014 model but this one has been making her back ache dont know if the suspension is harder or the foam in the seats is harder i am not sure but it had to go ,we have a 14 month old baby boy and it is easier to get him in and out of the car seat with the rear door openings being bigger

Sure you'll be happy with the Micra. Bigger than the Aygo - more Yaris-sized with the engine range starting from a 1.2, and built in India.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had the old Aygo - seats were like wooden benches compared to my new 2014 X-cite.