Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transcend 200 Car Camera

Well, this is the third attempt at writing this little report. My computer keeps freezing, or rather, Firefox does. Here are some pics. I would recommend anyone thinking about getting a car-cam to do so. This particular one, I can say was easy to fit. I did it (in about 30 to 40 minutes as I'm a clutz) so it has to be easy.

I chose this model as it got the best recommendation from Auto Express, and is a reasonable price as they go. I haven't included 'how to fit it' pictures as others have done so on here, least ways I think they have. When the camera is not attached the screen fixing is not so easy to spot, unless an observer is up close. Thinking about moving the cable to hang around the interior mirror so it isn't as visible.

Auto Express

post-113536-0-49158900-1417611760_thumb.

post-113536-0-71401700-1417611778_thumb.

Good quality, and a good design. Watched the You Tube video review and it appears to be best in 1080P. I have yet to go out in the car with it on, as we're doing that tomorrow so will know after about the actual quality of it. I think the Russians are on to something you know. Still, with the poor driving there I'm not surprised they have so many. The price paid for one of these camera's could potentially be recouped right away if it proves you were not at fault. Wonder how it works if you are? I can hear it now- "Quick, bin the camera!"

I have a Transcend 200 on a suction mount behind the mirror and it performs very well indeed , the resolution is very good

day and night .

The way I understand it is the footage is your property so if you wish to submit it in the event of an accident that is up to you.

I have a BlackVue camera that is now 3 years old, seems to work really well still although they have improved them now with better resolution and the option of a rear camera as well.

Whatever make an model you choose though I think they are a great idea. :)

Craig.

Whatever make an model you choose though I think they are a great idea. :)

Craig.

I agree Craig, and I have to say my only concern is the camera being stolen. I wonder how long it will be before car manufacturers install them front and rear as a part of the car. A lot of newer cars have a 'Screen' that if not for Sat-Nav display other information on them, like reversing camera or other media.

Good (great and wise) idea...

I Have one (well this is the 3rd model in the mean time / they wear off ore break down) in the front since 2010 and now also a second one ... on the rear window (upside down to fitt)...

So ... One good (and free) advice... put one also on the rear window.... and so (if possible) that they see it, when they are bumper-licking... :-)

PS I have the cheapest looking camera (they cost about 20 euro's and do the job) and keep it in place at all time... no stealing till this moment ... :-)

Good (great and wise) idea...

I Have one (well this is the 3rd model in the mean time / they wear off ore break down) in the front since 2010 and now also a second one ... on the rear window (upside down to fitt)...

So ... One good (and free) advice... put one also on the rear window.... and so (if possible) that they see it, when they are bumper-licking... :-)

PS I have the cheapest looking camera (they cost about 20 euro's and do the job) and keep it in place at all time... no stealing till this moment ... :-)

Do you know what, I like your terminology Peter. 'when they are bumper-licking.' We often say -or at least I know I do, when 'they are crawling up my Rrrrse (Backside).'