Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hids

zigman

Nice to hear Auris2010! I am sorely tempted now. However, was at an easy process? Was it a straight swap? Out with the old bulb in with the new?

I see some kits available with mounds of wires and boxes and it scared me. My days of tinkering in the engine bay are long behind me!

Could it be as simple as a bulb replacement to get near LED brightness for lights? Red!

It's generally plug and play with a box and a bulb and all the plugs match no messing around splicing wires etc and it takes about 20 mins tops to do it all

Well worth it

• Like 1

It's generally plug and play with a box and a bulb and all the plugs match no messing around splicing wires etc and it takes about 20 mins tops to do it all

Well worth it

Excellent! Many thanks Smudge, do you have a link at all? I'll check if it is compatible with my car. What was the cost if you don't mind me asking? Red.

Well you have the next gen Auris to me so you would need different bulbs but I played £65 pound for mine and worth every penny the vision the clarity the range everything is better

• Like 1

Yes mate, but where from - link or shop details please? I'd gladly pay that price for piece of mind! :)

PS £65 all in sounds like a bargain to me!

No bulb replacement can go near the same as the led apart from hids. Its really quite easy to put in. But there is no 9012 direct bulbs replacement for the new auris. But you can use 9006 bulb, you only need to take a bit of the tab on the bulb then thats it. And decide where to put the ballast.

• Like 1

I will look now for you even get you a link for your bulb type

• Like 1

No bulb replacement can go near the same as the led apart from hids. Its really quite easy to put in. But there is no 9012 direct bulbs replacement for the new auris. But you can use 9006 bulb, you only need to take a bit of the tab on the bulb then thats it. And decide where to put the ballast.

Thanks Auris, I just wanted to clear that up re the bulb. Hhmmm take a bit off the tab and break it??

I will look now for you even get you a link for your bulb type

Cheers Smudge - top man! :)

What age is your Auris redadair

Erm 3 months old, bought it mid September 2014 on a 64 plate. It's the new / latest shape.

181351640112 is the eBay number for the 9012/hir2 HID kit

However a few places are sayin it's a h11 kit ... ( I'm not convinced on that as I am sure that's the mk1 Auris )

181351640112 is the eBay number for the 9012/hir2 hid kit

However a few places are sayin it's a h11 kit ... ( I'm not convinced on that as I am sure that's the mk1 Auris )

Thanks Smudge I#ll be sure to check eBay later and contact the seller

Just google it you'll see what i mean

Fitting 9006 bulbs to 9012/hir2

Cheers Auris, will do mate, just need to sort out pesky kids first :)

Thanks a lot both! Red!

Its definitely not h11 bulb. As I mention above that HID kit might not come as 9012/hir2 it might come as 9006 kit because there is no direct replacement for hir2 bulbs. But dont worry as i said you just need to do a little modification on the tab and rejoice thats it. Good luck.

Maybe your interested on adding footwell illumination using led strips?

Sorry thats for Red! Just want to ask if his interested on that mods.

You can do it as well, ive done it on my last auris mk1

I would want to keep it Orange tho to go with the dash lights me thinks

Hi Smudge, Auris

Nah, I'll leave the foot well lighting for another day but thanks for the offer :)

I'll take a look at the proper HIDs replacement asap. I wonder if there are any you tube vids flying around to demonstrate such a process.

I'll probably end up getting an auto spark to do it as I am a bit fat fingered lol! Cheers Red!

Honest red I got my missus to do one side of mine ... Without the instructions and even she could do it it's unbelievably easy ... I'm sure hid fitment guides will be ten a penny on YouTube

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links