Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq2 Auto - 3 Months Into Ownership.

en8wall

I've had my white 2014 IQ2 auto for 3 months now and thought I'd give a summary of what i think is good and not so good. I'd wanted an IQ for a number of years and having parted with my GT86 I decided I wanted my next car ownership experience to be less fraught but still fun.

Good things:

Auto 'box.

wiper sensors...never had them but now would miss them.

Rear view mirror that dims automatically.

Fun handling and car is chuckable to a degree.

Quite a lot of storage and have invested in glovebag

Love how clever, unique and quirky it is compared to other small cars....especially the seating options and adaptability. I drive with rear seats down and material parcel-shelf up. Steering wheel controls impress too.

Keyless entry was a must having had it in gt86 so iq2 was picked as I only have a 2 mile daily commute.

Impressed by the turning circle & love the look of curve on the side rear window.

Not so good:

Dash rattles - GT86 had this too so seems Mr T is cutting back on build quality.

Poor interior lighting - to be rectified on Thursday with rgb lighting to footwells and boot.

MPG not fantastic and I have to drive like a nun to get good figures.

Options fitted:

Carpet mats

Rear split mat/liner.

Parrot bluetooth 9000 fitted so can stream music.

Front mudflaps.

I've uploaded some pics...

post-123592-141788258404_thumb.jpgpost-123592-141788258404_thumb.jpgpost-123592-141788258404_thumb.jpg

post-123592-141788263418_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I agree with everything you say, having had my IQ2 for almost 6 months now, everything that is, except for the dash rattle. My 2010 38k mile car is still fine. The interior light has become a major frustration now winter is with us!

Well at least there are more good things than bad on your list :)

Glad you are enjoying your iQ.

A good summary – thanks.

My lease is nearly up now and I am contemplating its replacement I have had more driving fun in the last 3 years than I can recall from any other car. But I’m not sure if the iQ will still be available come Feb/March next year

I have found it economical (even on my 4 mile commute), a breeze to park (anywhere), highly manoeuvrable and spacious even for my 6’ 3” frame.

I don’t have any rattles – trust me I WOULD know about them and think the car is really well put together.

The interior lighting isn’t the best but adequate in my opinion – it is directional and can be turned to illuminate anything you want – Ive never found it to be a problem. The boot area needs a light, but I and many others have a small LED lamp in the boot that is a perfectly good answer to the problem.

Back to my choice of replacement. My heart says IQ3, Platinum leather, Decuma Grey. If you squint and with the sun behind it would look like Aston Martin Cygnet ;-)

By my head says the iQ is expensive (particularly in that spec) I’m not sure that I like the new “fun yourself” Aygo, but it is well specced for the money and has a lot of technology – which is an area where the iQ shows its age.

My apparent difficulty in finding an alternative highlights how unique the iQ is. All the usual suspect, UP!, i10, Fiat 500, Micra are dull in my opinion and just don’t do it. The Alfa Mito looks interesting but is again quite expensive.

Maybe an iQ end of line lease deal will present itself and I’ll get my “Aston” …..

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links